X-JW Hypocrisy.

by DJ 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Your welcome DJ, I always liked you too, shall we skip the middle bit and get married? In sickness & in health, for better or for worse, for tolerance and intolerance...I do

Brumm

• DJ
    DJ

Brum,

I flattered but also severely allergic to cats, so sorry to decline. Besides, my husband would miss having his dinners prepared....

• Brummie
    Brummie

I could shave off all my fur and there would always be time for you to pop home and prepare your hubbys dinner...you are just making up sorry excuses, I'm through with you

Jilted Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm practising amature dramatics, not bad huh

• DIM
    DIM

I have no tolerance for idiotic religious opinions, XJW or JW, Catholic or Lutheran. Sometimes they can all sound a bit brainwashed.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi DJ,

Tolerance is also defined as "the breaking point". . . . just as a side bar.

You wrote: >In the USA, it is politically correct to be "tolerant". <

In the USA it WAS common to see private citizens and businesses and government agencies accepting of ethnic and religious diversity. That is not as true now. Try to enter customs if you are of Eastern origin. Or try to pass customs at the USA Mexico border of you are Latin or look like you are a Muslim. Or get a plane ticket and not be racially profiled. Maybe I just notice it more now.

Seems to me the USA is a capitalistic country and is politically centered. It is NOT politically correct to not be politically correct in the USA or to be tolerant of political diversity. Try wearing a swastika or advocating communism. The perceived acceptance all but disappears.

The reason religion diversification seemed accepted in the USA is religion is not important to the function. Capitalism is.

I'm not so sure there is a double standard on the board. I'm not that sure there IS a definable standard . . . . a right. Maybe there are just a lot of people expressing their opinions. In all my time posting here, I have never had a problem with any other post or poster. I have had different opinions, I have debated, but you all have my permission to have an opinion different than mine. That is not a conflict.

That you hold conflicting opinions, or that your posts do not agree with your stated opinions is not my business. I am here to learn, be entertained, and test my ideas against others. A counter opinion is a gift to me. Without those, I can never test my own thinking.

Thanks for the thread. Very stimulating for a rainy Sunday. gary

• onacruse
    onacruse

DJ:

Some opinions are not worthy of respect yet I am tolerant to the fact that is a person's right to have an opinion.

I started a similar thread (My Way or the Highway), and I totally agree with you. A big part of JW thinking is "We're right, you're wrong, and we can prove it." But now, we xJWs come right back and "We're right, they're wrong, and we can prove it."

If that's how we feel, then we're really still on the same plate...all we've done is simply move from one edge over to another.

A truly different person, one who had actually escaped from the JW-mentality, would step totally off that plate and realize that there are no absolutes, that everything we believe is fundamentally based on our own selfish determination of what we consider to be right...and that every other person on this planet has just a much right to make their own selfish-determination as we have.

Craig

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just posted this thread.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/51783/1.ashx

It seems to fit here too.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest DJ... may you have peace (and I have not yet received an email, dear one - just click on "send message" if you are still wishing to do so...)!

Back to the subject, to which I would like to respond, if I may. Thank you!

I have learned from my Lord how to be "tolerant"... putting up with... those with whom I have nothing in common, with whom I do not share beliefs... those who are, in many, many ways, "different" from me... with whom I would not love had he not taught me to. In that light, I must confess that I have even learned to "tolerate" JWs... although I know them to be severely misled. In truth, for the most part, my heart "bleeds" for them... for at one time I was one of them... misled, enslaved to my fear, as well. And I believe I am justified in this position... feeling "tolerant"... for the mere fact that I used to BE one of them. Indeed, although their love for ME has "cooled off" (due to the false teachings of their "golden calf")... my love for them truly has not: I would give whatever I had of which any one of them could benefit... in a heartbeat.

What I can NOT tolerate... is those who profess to be something they are absolutely not... and which fact I know... not I "think"... but I KNOW... and USE that something... to mislead completely innocent people away from God, away from Christ, away from their fellow man, away from their own flesh... and I KNOW it.

What I can NOT tolerate... is when such ones invoke a relationship with God... that they do NOT possess... in order to accomplish this... and I KNOW it.

What I can NOT tolerate... is when such ones create a wicked and dishonest fear of God in the people they are misleading... in order to accomplish this... and I KNOW it.

What I can NOT tolerate... is when such ones use this non-existence relationship with God and this unfounded fear of God... in order to COERCE and EXTORT not only loyalty... but MONEY... from the people they are misleading... and I KNOW it.

IF... then... I "love" my neighbor... AS I love myself... then I am OBLIGATED to sound a warning. I am OBLIGATED to say, "Hey, you're standing on an obscure but very active railroad track... and maybe you can't see the train... but it's a-comin'. I KNOW... because I stood on this very same track. Praise JAH... I LISTENED... THIS time... when the "whistle" blew!

If, however, I KNOW my neighbor is standing on a track, which could ultimately prove fatal to him/her... and I KNOW because I, too, stood on it... and yet, I walk away saying, "Well, it's his/her life; they can stand there if they want to,"... then I may be held liable and found guilty... if not by man... if not by God... then by my own conscience. And where man cannot condemn me... and God will not... my own conscience can... and will.

Love... does not "tolerate"... everything... dear one. And many are wrong when they assume that God's love is "unconditional"... and so ours should be. Love does a great many things... and it includes all people... but it does not tolerate all things. My Lord, although not condemning adulterers and extortioners, DID condemn hypocrisy... "leaven"... which hypocrisy/leaven led to leading the people AWAY from God. And while he did not waste much time exposing such hypocrisy to those who did not want it... he did, to some extent, expose it to those who did.

Matthew 23:13 ; 6:1-8, 14, 15; 15:1-11

We are, then, obligated to love one another. We are even obligated to tolerate one another's sins, errors and transgressions. We are NOT obligated, however, to tolerate wicked hypocrisy... not that which is done by error or weakness, even perhaps unknown to the doer... but that which is done... with full knowledge that people are being misled... and for what purpose: our own, founded in receiving the glory of men. For even the accumulation of wealth by these has its roots in the want of such glory. No, I am not condemning wealth - even my Lord said "with God, all things are possible." It is those who wealth is amassed by means of "robbing" the poor, the widowed and the orphaned, IN THE NAME OF GOD... who will be condemned... not by me... not by God or Christ... but by their own "works" in doing so.

Anyway, that is what I have learned from my Lord... and shared with you, here.

Again, I bid you the greatest of love... and peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• sf
    sf
    The reason religion diversification seemed accepted in the USA is religion is not important to the function. Capitalism is.

Bingo!

And Gary...Watchtower makes the (New) World go 'round. As do many other 'Capitalists'.

Day is gorgeous here. Enjoy the rain, the sun WILL come darlin'.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit