The 1914 doctrine: How long it will last?

by opusdei1972 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I think in the long term you are probably correct Finkel however they are about to spend several months raking it all up as they start reviewing the God's Kingdom Rules book in the CLAM meeting next week.

No one pays attention to the material being "studied". Most are there with their glazed eyes wishing the meeting was over. Especially younger JWs have no idea what the doctrines are that they claim to believe. They just know that they are "special" and that only JWs have the "TRUE" religion and if they do what they are told (by GB/WTS) they get to live in Paradise (whatever that will be)....................DOC

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Fair point DOC.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Who cares??

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Valid point DOC , JWS are not critical thinkers particularly when its comes to the devised doctrines which the WTS creates, they really aren't offered a chance to.

They are there to sop up the expressed spiritual food and nod in complete agreement unitedly.

To pose analytical questioning critical to the teachings is strongly watched over by the enforcers of the doctrines, the Elders of each congregation.

.....and why not arrange this enforcement when those doctrines are suspiciously false and perhaps inherently created more so for commercial reasons by the leaders of this religoius publishing house.

• prologos
    prologos
    and witnesses will have the joy to find out all about it, again and again, when they study in their Kingdom halls the book " God's Kingdom Rules!"( 2014) starting soon, when they finish the 'Peter walking on water' saga.-K99: ---they are about to spend several months raking it all up as they start reviewing the God's Kingdom Rules book in the CLAM meeting next week.

A study in wt navelgazing, all about what happened in the WTBtS. Inc. devoid of any spiritual nourishment (if there is such a thing).

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

stan livedeath,;

oh--thats good to know. so jesus is now ruling over a new earth. cool.

If World War I was the inauguration of Jesus' kingdom then I'd hate to see what the Millennium is like.

• prologos
    prologos
    VI: "If World War I was the inauguration of Jesus' kingdom then I'd hate to see what the Millennium is like.

yeah, and all the resurrected ones, Atilla the Hun, Genghis khan, Hitler, The Ripper, all to be reformed?

• Island Man
    Island Man

I predict that 1914 will be dumped sometime within the next 25 years.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Here's how I think it's going to go down:

They will keep the same 7 gentile times invisible presence teaching only changing the year from 1914 to 1934. They'll dump the erroneous 607 date and accept the 587 date for the destruction of Jerusalem. They'll move forward by 20 years, all their other date teachings that are anchored in some way to 1914. The appointment of the FDS will move from 1919 to 1939 - the year that WWII started. They might even say that Watchtower teaching their members not to fight in WWII and their early exposing of Nazi oppression of the Jews, were two of the primary reasons their leadership was chosen and appointed as FDS.

This will be a plus for them in many ways. First it will mean that they get a cleaner FDS that was teaching less error at the later time of appointment in 1939. For example, I think they rejected pyramidology by then. Secondly there's a neat chronological window of time between Jesus' appointment with Satan being cast down to the Earth, and the subsequent woe to the Earth manifested in part by the outbreak of WWII which started just 5 years later (a very short time in the spirit realm where a thousand years is like one day) and which was much bigger in scope than WWI. The current 1914 teaching has Satan anachronistically stirring up WWI in August before he's even cast out of heaven by Jesus on or after October. And of course, finally there's the extra 20 years of time that it buys them.

They'll go this route first to stretch the overlapping generation out further when it's nearing it's end. Then about 20 years later when the 1934 overlapping generation is becoming untenable, they'll drop the 7 gentile times 2520 count altogether and adopt a more mainstream eschatology, saying that presence and coming are synonymous after all and no one knows when christ's presence will be and that Jesus' words about "this generation" had only one fulfillment - the 70 CE destruction of Jerusalem.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

for good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit