The 1914 doctrine: How long it will last?

by opusdei1972 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

1914 is invisible and overlapping. I guess it can last forever this way.

People just want mirages.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just slightly curious--according to the watchtower---what was significant about 1914 ?

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

WT could make just something like this:

587 bc - 607 bc = 20 years and then: 1914 + 20 = 1934

kicking the can ...

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My mother, brothers and sisters have all swallowed the overlapping generation crap. Unfortunately, by the time they die it'll be about 2050. By which time their kids will have no idea there even was a 1914 teaching what with them moving to digital books that they can "update" all the time. It'll be a new religion by then. As it is now since 1950. When, on the very rare occasion my family let me speak to them, and I tell my family of the stuff this society used to teach they don't believe it. I'm "mentally diseased" what do I know?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

what was significant about 1914?

Seriously?

It was the date when war broke out in heaven and Satan and his angels were hurled into the vicinity of the earth, Jesus was crowned King and began ruling over a New Heavens and a New Earth. Have you no eyes, man?

O wait, I'm sorry. All that was invisible.

As for how long the WTB&TS can continue to use 1914 as a "Bible-based" anchor date, I think the answer is either "until time indefinite" or "as long as suckers are being born."

The date 1914 is essential to setting the date 2034. You haven't heard about 2034?

That's because the foundation-work for the date hasn't set yet; but 2034 is what you get when you add 1914 and 120, and 120 is the number of years that Noah spent as a special pioneer, selling his two prophetic clay tablet magazines, "Watch The Sky" and "Hepzibah." "Hepzibah" changed it's name twice, first to "Dehydration" and then to "Hey Now!"

It is rumored that in the creaky old Watchtower warehouse that still stands on Staten Island at the site of the old Bethel Farm and WBBR studios, the WTB&TS has a few of those old cuneiform tablets, but it has been forgotten if these are originals or reprints. From time-to-time one might show up on eBay at grossly inflated prices, often as ashtrays.

And although it sounds far-fetched, the magical date 2034 itself will spawn a host of dates by arithmetically mating with the "Bible-based" sacred integers 40 and 50 and their related factors.

...and THAT, dear friends, is THE REST of the story!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

It was the date when war broke out in heaven and Satan and his angels were hurled into the vicinity of the earth, Jesus was crowned King and began ruling over a New Heavens and a New Earth. Have you no eyes, man?

oh--thats good to know. so jesus is now ruling over a new earth. cool.

• prologos
    prologos
    sld; "oh--thats good to know. so jesus is now ruling over a new earth. cool.

and witnesses will have the joy to find out all about it, again and again, when they study in their Kingdom halls the book " God's Kingdom Rules!"( 2014) starting soon, when they finish the 'Peter walking on water' saga.

• prologos
    prologos

There were 2 world shaking events that happened within a few km of Brooklyn, dated Oct 29 1929, The wall street crash and Sept 11, 2001 the Trade Center attack. now if Brooklyn had had the foresight, to foretell these events that happened looking out their windows, they could have brought in a secondary lynch pin date.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing to be sure in the future the WTS. will be very quiet about 1914 in its usual monthly publications and article studies.

They know its a fraud doctrine and they intentionally do not want to bring attention to it, in spite of this new overlapping generation twist.

When you self proclaim that your organization has been chosen over all other Christian based faiths and actually identify those as false religion, you have to be very careful about your own formulated expressed doctrines.

1914 is one particular doctrine they uncomfortably have to struggle with.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I think in the long term you are probably correct Finkel however they are about to spend several months raking it all up as they start reviewing the God's Kingdom Rules book in the CLAM meeting next week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit