Why do witnesses feel the need to put JW ORG on all their social media sites?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The Blue (depressing) Borg (collective)

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

@stephanie61092 ALL of instagram is staged happiness. "Here is a picture of whatever the hell I ate last night."

Who cares what you shoved into your pie hole?

• Hecce
    Hecce
    As stated, a whole bunch of copycats; in actuality the items don't mean beans to them. Back in the 70-80 there was a craze with the Tetragramaton and the Watchtower and someone made some serious money selling trinkets to the dubs with these representations.
  • Listener
    Listener

There's no question about the GB approving it. In one of the monthly broadcasts they have a staged clip of Anthony Morris III and his wife witnessing. She is wearing a badge picturing Sophie and Caleb.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They have always been a sales organisation. Just like sales people are pressured to do free marketing through social media, so are JWs.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I can't stand it anymore. They put the pins everywhere ad nauseum. Pretty soon no one will know them as jehovah's witnesses but only with the web name.

For those of us that grew up in the 1970's and early 1980's, you might remember that some used to wear small watchtower and awake pins. But generally these were discouraged. On my first day of high school, I put the pin on my new dress. I was so proud of it and my mom said it would show the "worldly" kids that I was a jehovah's witness and it would be a protection for me

What a poor deluded little girl I was

• oldskool
    oldskool
    I am guilty of this in the past. I used to put jw.org in the little website section of the Instagram bio. I never counted it as witnessing but I had a lot of followers, many of them from when I was in high school and college. I always hoped that they'd see the great life I was living through my pictures (although much of it was staged happiness) and be curious enough to click on the link. Pretty silly thinking back on it.

@stephanie61092 I am curious of your age. This is a very interesting comment, which illustrates the impact of the Watchtowers embrace of digital/social media.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

I had it on my instagram acct but recently took it off ☺ it's a way to identify yourself, like a proud stamp or mark..... and have others go to website.

• Themdoubts
    Themdoubts

I also had it on my instagram. Gone now. I agree with corruptgirl, at the time I was proud of it and hoped others would click and visit the website. Now I see it as a corporate brand logo.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Many are not terribly bright and they think having a website is a big deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit