Why do witnesses feel the need to put JW ORG on all their social media sites?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    What Outlaw said above, there Cult indoctrinated brains makes them happy whenever they see a blue square with jworg in the middle of it, also the smugness behind it like they're the only ones that will live forever, we're the only ones that have da troof. That's why that grandmother last week at the White House wore that mini-billboard on her chest.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No JW pin here, or on my car as many are now doing.

Been asked to display it by family and other JW friends. Have declined.

Oh-oh, yet another mark as being 'unspiritual'. Damn it!

DY

• Ding
    Ding

It's kind of like the old days when JWs would come to a door and play a record of a speech by Rutherford instead of making their own presentation.

Nowadays, instead of personal witnessing they stand silently next to carts and post jw.org stickers.

Boring, to be sure, but easy time.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Because it has become a dawned trend in the peer group.

Post a selfie with JW sign in the background and take part.

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/brooklyn-selfie.jpg

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    Doubtfully Yours: Been asked to display it [JW pin] by family and -- JW friends. Have declined.

Am I missing something? Are they really using pins now, like, officially stated by the Organization somewhere in a meeting or magazine to do this? Or is this some apostate inside joke I'm not in?

I'm asking because the entire year I've seen on different apostate sites that there are images of pins/magnets/key chains/you name it with light blue JW.org square, but thought that the organization can't be doing this for real...

I just saw this link (image in the middle), and I don't know anymore:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/16/obama-honors-11-police-offices-with-medal-of-valor/

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Being a JW is mostly about showing other JWS just how "JW" you are. Not even unbelievers but fellow sheeple. I was criticized back before I was wholesale shunned for not having any pics on my instagram from conventions, out in service, etc. This was from people who just months earlier considered social media to be the devil.
  • EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Grown Midget--it's the real deal. In the cong I go to I've seen book/ipad covers, tie tacks, lapel pins, stickers, necklaces, earrings.

They do the jw dot org or Sophia/Caleb cartoon stuff. It's really weird.

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    it's the real deal. In the cong I go to I've seen book/ipad covers, tie tacks, lapel pins, stickers, necklaces, earrings.
    OK, so they are allowed then. Are they officially made by the organization (like all the licensed and official merchandise, for example) or are they home made/sent to third-party company by an individual rank and file members who then share them inside the congregation(s)?
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Are they really using pins now, like, officially stated by the Organization ?

They sure do wear pins & stuff. They are not supplied by the Org. officially but they seem quite happy for them to do so. The pins may be bought from those websites that supply WT book covers, ministry bags and the like

Why do it ? a) they are evangelists and will do anything to spread the word; b) it makes them feel part of the club.."wear your colours" like fans of a football club who are proud to wear a club shirt. It is a sense of belonging, tribal if you like.....

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget

Wow. This blows my mind but at the same time it's not very surprising. I wonder when they start to use these locally in my country and especially in my congregation where pretty much everything was a no-no.

This indeed:

When I was young, making cover songs/electronic remixes of Kingdom Songs was not allowed and they made a public announcement about that but this is completely A-ok... I wonder if they are going to make such announcement again about this at some point, who knows, but if not then the image applies even more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit