Why do witnesses feel the need to put JW ORG on all their social media sites?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Have you all noticed the obsession witnesses have of putting JWorg on all their social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc?

So many put it in their bio section...like some sort of loud proclamation to other witnesses that they are righteous and spreading the message.

It's also very lazy. Now with no personal effort at all, they can just say JWorg and be "witnessing"

Seems like the habitual use of rosary beads...

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget

Maybe they think/feel that they are being very spiritual by declaring themselves as JW all over the social media?

Some sort of boosting (artificial) happiness by declaring to be part of a bigger group, maybe?

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

I am guilty of this in the past. I used to put jw.org in the little website section of the Instagram bio. I never counted it as witnessing but I had a lot of followers, many of them from when I was in high school and college. I always hoped that they'd see the great life I was living through my pictures (although much of it was staged happiness) and be curious enough to click on the link. Pretty silly thinking back on it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It's all about 'time counting' man!

And every time I receive a 'like' or get a hit on any jw videos, etc., it's activity that gets reported monthly. I hate to report in such a deceitful way, but it's necessary to keep up with the silliness of this Org.

DY

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why do witnesses feel the need to put JW ORG on all their social media sites?

...........http://images.chesscomfiles.com/uploads/article/9918.9928e5e1.200x200o.35bbee667d8c.jpg

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Many of the JDubs are soooo excited that the WTS is at the leading edge of technology with their new website and they want to brag about it to everyone.  Why didn't anyone else think of this?  Has to be Jehovah's Holy Spirit!

Doc

{Satire Alert}

• Simon
    Simon

Because that is what they worship now - the org, not the god. It's the golden calf they have created because their god has failed to show up.

They have pretty much removed his name from what they promote so you have to wonder how much of a "witness" they are giving anymore.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Why do they feel they need to put the stupid buttons on their clothing at meetings!
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    JW.org is just JWrong
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Very astute observation Simon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit