Why do witnesses feel the need to put JW ORG on all their social media sites?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    they are jay-worgans
  • Watchtower-Free
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"The hell with it. If you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em." - N.H. Knorr

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    My daughter (still in) has that JW.org in her Instagram profile - makes me cringe every time I see it.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No JW pin here, or on my car as many are now doing. Been asked to display it by family and other JW friends. Have declined. Oh-oh, yet another mark as being 'unspiritual'. Damn it!

As far as I know, none of the JW..Org pins and other BS are "official" WTS issued. All from secular sources (for a profit). I would say that I do not know of the Society approving of the use of such things. Show me from the WT or the CLAM thing. (What is that called now? The thing that replaces the KM?)

Doc

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think it is human nature to want to identify with something. We like to show we belong to something...like something. Think wearing baseball caps or shirts of your favorite team, or performer...or Disney character. It's also an identifier to others in the club.

Add the complex nature of a cult, and the feeling of being chosen for a fairytale reward, then ya got near hysterical devotion by some to JW.org.

It is a phenomena we are not used to seeing in the last 20-30 years by the WT though I'll say. I really hate seeing it...but it's my baggage I know.

• millie210
    millie210

Have any of you seen the big JW semi that is making the rounds on everyones facebook?

It seems that the buttons are just one part of a growing materialistic "look at what we have" movement in JW land.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Grownmidget= Apparently they even sent prince a letter warning him about copy right we he tried to do some re-masking of their songs.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well we just advertised for them in several comments in this post alone - pretty clever marketing huh.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    sparky1 - Funny pic of ol' Nathan !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit