My Dad just did the sweetest thing

by Mulan 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Most of you know my 90 year old (divorced since 1969) parents live with us. I am getting ready to go to the grocery store, and Dad called me over to tell me to buy a box of chocolates for Mom, for Mother's Day tomorrow from him, and a card. I thought it was the sweetest thing, because he is blind, and has a form of dementia, but there are times when he is crystal clear too.

Mom heard him and is very touched. She IS the mother of his children.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

That is very touching Mulan.

It warms my heart when I hear stories of older people still expressing their love for someone even after so many long years.

Thank you for relaying such an experience. It brought a smile to my face.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

How sweet, Mulan. I'm glad your mom was happy about it.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Shoot Mulan,

I haven't done a thing for mother's day but I was going to use blindness and dementia as my excuse.

Maybe I can get my daughter go out and get her something.

Steve

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((Mulan)))))

Awwww...that is soooooo sweet! Warms my heart....

ESTEE

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That is sweet. (No chocolate pun intended!)

It must be terrible for him to fade into lucidity and then slide right out again - for him as well as for his family.

• Princess
    Princess

Grandpa is a good guy. How he can live with her is beyond me, but to buy her a gift, wow I'm impressed.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Jst2, I heard that! "I was going to use blindness and dementia as my excuse"

Mulan I hope Dave doesn't use that as an excuse.

How sweet that your dad, even in his blindness and dementia, shows a kind act of love to the mother of his children. I knew you came from good stock!

j2bf

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I haven't done a thing for mother's day but I was going to use blindness and dementia as my excuse.

I'm not sure, but I think an excuse is something that's NOT true.

Andi

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

brought a tear to my eye

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit