Do You Condemn Anti-Semitism?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Mr Watson said: “When Luciana Berger left the Labour Party, I thought it was the worst day of shame in the Labour Party’s 120-year history. A pregnant young MP bullied out of her own party by racist thugs.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tom-watson-luciana-berger-labour-antisemitism-chris-williamson-a8800946.html

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The Jewish conspiracy is bunk. Everyone knows that at the very tippy-top of it all sit the Kerfuffles.

• Simon
    Simon
    Are there any examples of this?

slimboyfat, it's pretty easy to find examples so I can only imagine your attempts to pretend there aren't is just that - an attempt to distract and dismiss.

"In August 2018, the Labour leader also came under fire over his presence at a ceremony in Tunisia in 2014 which is said to have honoured the perpetrators of the 1972 Munich terror attack, during which 11 members of the Israeli Olympic team were taken hostage and killed."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45030552

The anti semitism in the labor party is due in no small part to the disproportionate membership of Muslims. This is exactly the same thing happening in the US with the democrats and has happened in Canada with liberals.

Try to tell us you don't know there is any anti-semitism emanating from Islam ...

Some more links to save you the arduous task of doing a search:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2019/03/07/anti-semitism-british-politics-and-the-indecency-of-jeremy-corbyn/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/07/labour-antisemitism-investigation

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/3/8/18249953/uk-labour-party-anti-semitism-jeremy-corbyn-juliana-berger

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

There are only 3 Muslim's in the US congress. I don't see how this is a "disproportionate membership". While making up over 1% of the US population Muslims only have only a 0.6% representation in congress. Conversely, Jews have 34 elected members (6.4% representation) but only make up 2% of the population.

Also, if we're going to talk about anti-semitisim in US politics - we need to talk about Donald Trump who called the NeoNazis in Charlottesville "very fine people".

• minimus
    minimus

I know of American Jews who regularly criticize Israel for its political views. But criticizing Israel because of politics does not make a person anti semetic

• minimus
    minimus

Coded Logic, I’m sure Trump hates Jews , especially his daughter, son in law and grandchildren. 🤡

• Simon
    Simon
    There are only 3 Muslim's in the US congress. I don't see how this is a "disproportionate membership".

I'm talking about the distribution of membership from different religions between different parties. The fact that Labor relies so heavily on Muslim votes is what ends up making Labor reflect Muslim "values " (or lack of) which inevitably involve lots of anti-semitism.

It's to pander to their base which is racist. The Democrats in the US are following the same path.

Other groups have lopsided membership but those groups don't have the extreme views or insistence on their outlook being the only views allowed. i.e. most Mormons in the US are republican ... but mormons aren't regularly calling for the death and annihilation of any particular group.

The tail (Omar) is already wagging the democrat dog and the democrats, having the history as the racist party, will not want to give up the vote in the enclaves. This is how Islam expands. This is how it starts. Read the stories of people who have lived through it and had to flee the once-prosperous, now shit-hole, countries.

Do the jews control the world? No. But they have disproportionate representation because they are intelligent and hard working.

Even if they did control it, I'd rather live in a world controlled by Jews than one controlled by Muslims.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    ...we need to talk about Donald Trump who called the NeoNazis in Charlottesville "very fine people".

Sure, let’s talk about the fake news.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I’ve never quite understood the “Jewish” issue. To me it has always seemed like the flat earth conspiracy. According to the flat earth perspective, there is a giant coordinated effort to hide the flat earth from the public. Everything from teachers, governments, and all the employees, the studies of physics, scientists, spanning thousands of years - all have been in on it to keep us from knowing the truth.

Makes you wonder - why don’t they just tell us the truth then? What is the reason for such an effort? If you can get them to tell you in one sentence, you suddenly realize their buy-in: God.

This Jewish thing seems to be right along those lines. The Jews, they have always been behind everything, pulling the strings, directing the wars, depressions, whatever else...Not sure where that comes from and for what purpose? But maybe someone can put it into one concise sentence?

• Simon
    Simon
    Not sure where that comes from and for what purpose? But maybe someone can put it into one concise sentence?

It boils down to resentment.

When any group works hard and does well it's labelled by the dumb and lazy as some "conspiracy". Whether it's jews or colonialists or whoever, it must be some unfair sinister plot, it can't just be that they worked harder, used their intelligence and advanced their civilization compared to neanderthal types dragging their knuckles in the dirt.

The current grievance-studies culture has given anti-semitism fertile ground to flourish again.

Groups who are anti-semitic are nearly always bosom-buddies with Islam. The Nazis being the classic example but you see a watered down version of it with Corbyn's Labor and the Democrats who have made "loving Islam" part of their anti-trump platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit