Major Article in Today's Philadelphia Inquirer on JW Child Abuse

by Room 215 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Whynot
    Whynot

That second to last paragraph made me tear up. (Sigh) Excellent article! I'm saving it

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I guess now that the WTBS has all but nearly halted the printing of their own Watchtower and Awake magazines, these kinds of articles are the REAL "stinging message" from the book of Revelations.

The "scorpion tail" is snapping, and right dead center of the back of the Borgs head. These news reports are justice indeed.

I am in the New York/New Jersey area of the U.S., and i remember about a year or so ago, the Home News Tribune, which is a very large newspaper in NJ, had a similar article, as well as advertisements for lawyers offices to help victims of child abuse, SPECIFICALLY for former JW's.

The "message" is truly being preached lately, and the WTBS are on the wrong end of it.

• zeb
    zeb

It falls to everyone in the US reading this article to print it and send it to your representative who ever may have an influence to establish an inquiry in the US into the wt cover ups.

and please if you have had the dark experience please contact the paper as requested.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

excellent. Thanks Room 215. and Thanks Barbara.

They are starting to understand. We need a This American Life expose on JWs sort of like when they got a pulitzer for 'Bad Bank'. (Thought I'd put that out there, cos when I said we need elder's to record elders meeting that seemed to work!)

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Excellent article it was very detailed.

Thank you for posting.

• flipper
    flipper

One of the most informative, well written articles on the WT Society / Jehovah's Witness criminal behavior that occurs inside the organization. Really spells it out clearly and thoroughly. And to think the WT Society leaders are so arrogant to put in their front Bethel lobby that they care about children ? Talk about hypocrisy at it's worst ! A criminal organization run by criminals protecting other criminals within the organization. Sick. Hey thanks for posting this article , I've already sent it to many of my ex-JW and non JW relatives. We have to keep spreading the word and protecting children

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So much for "God's Earthly Organization".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A criminal organization run by criminals protecting other criminals within the organization.

And isn't that reason why people, men particularly, seek out organizations like so they can pretentiously place a righteous white sheet over themselves ?

Well said Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Fink...

Even if the Org didn't start out that way, it evolved to become that very environment.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I emailed the author of the article expressing my appreciation of it...he replied back thanking me and expressing his surprise at how none of this info is widely know.

It seems he will follow it up...it's a cracking article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit