Major Article in Today's Philadelphia Inquirer on JW Child Abuse

by Room 215 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Room 215
  • sir82
    sir82

That's a really well-written & well-researched article.

The WTS comes off looking really bad - no comment other than boiler-plate e-mails with the constantly repeated but increasingly meaningless statement about how they "abhor" child abuse.

Wouldn't want to be a JW in Philadelphia going door to door this weekend.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Wow, that is very well written!

• Spiral
    Spiral

Excellent article! I hope other news sources pick it up.

• sir82
    sir82

Looks like they are looking for more stories, probably for a follow-up:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/jehovahs-witnesses-and-sexual-abuse-cover-ups-do-you-have-a-story-20180423.html

If you’re a current or former Jehovah’s Witness and want to share your personal story or pass along a tip, I want to hear it. You can reach me at [email protected], or fill in this form below. Your story won’t be used in an article without your permission, and will not be shared with any other parties.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fantastic!!!

I often think of all those who had to sit in front of 3 "men" and pour out their soul and all the details of their "sin." It must suck for WT to be on the other side of the table.

Our thoughts and hearts go out to those child victims that no one wanted to help. This child abuse issue has been going on for years and is now biting WT in the a*s! Our thoughts and hearts go out to those who lost loved ones due to suicide because of WT's barbaric shunning policy.

Great article. Thank you for sharing.

• Moster
    Moster

Hit me like a ton of bricks

"Two child-sized mannequins were posed nearby, with copies of Bible lessons nestled in their plastic hands. In front of them was a small sign with four words:

Please Do Not Touch."

• freddo
    freddo

You beat me to it Moster ...

Superb journalism of the highest quality - that final paragraph hit ME like a ton of bricks too. I wonder if the mannequins are Caleb and Sophia?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

People still read the Philadelphia Inquirer? I'm shocked!

Thanks for sharing the article. I have a few friends in the Philadelphia area that can use the info.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hell of an article.

Thank you for posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit