Major Article in Today's Philadelphia Inquirer on JW Child Abuse

by Room 215 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Well written.

In addition to Watchtower's child sex abuse policies the author managed to work in the bad effects of organized shunning as well as the no blood transfusion issue, which resulted in a mother's death.

It was very good negative exposure!

• Room 215
    Room 215

This article has Pulitzer award potential. I suggest you all read the comments on the article (38).

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I also wrote to the author thanking him for it. Mentioning he likely saved some families by educating the unaware public, potentially stopping some from being caught in the JW mental trap.

• Juan Viejo2
  • AndersonsInfo
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Good luck putting a positive spin on that to householders next Saturday morning...

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Wow - thank you so much for posting this. Recently, I had a discussion with my still-in father who seemed to think, rather naively and ignorantly, that child abuse among JWs was just an isolated incidence in Australia, care of the ARC shedding light on it. I told him to research it - that it was a worldwide epidemic. And that WT policies were largely to blame. I'm going to use this article next time I see him - it's brilliantly written and well-researched.

I also told him that I fail to understand why it is necessary for Satan's organisation to have to correct God's organisation over a matter of crime - shouldn't they be showing the rest of the world the way if they truly do represent God? Mmmm, that went down well. Not that I believe in either entity anymore, but my father does and I'd like to see him THINK rather than tow the party line. I will probably not be successful but at least he cannot argue one point I am trying to make - that my morality is higher than the organisations, as I will not tolerate or excuse criminal activity and I won't tolerate it in an organisation either when I become aware that a blind eye is being turned to it.

I'm glad to see the increase in media material on this issue. Even in the short time I've been awake, I've seen it increase. I hope it gives some comfort to survivors that more and more people are paying attention - a day of reckoning has to be coming for WT.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumping this thread for any who missed it the first time around

• flipper
    flipper

Bumping this article up as it's an extremely well written article that newer members may want to check out if they missed it

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I did miss it and am very impressed how well written and informative it was. I never knew that the awake about child abuse triggered all those calls to bethel. Barbara that had to be awful😔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit