Major Article in Today's Philadelphia Inquirer on JW Child Abuse

by Room 215 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The Kushner-video from the org ist included - great job. ALL about MONEY.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I thought it stunning that Mr. Haugh's Father and Mother responded to the molestation of their grandaughter as devout JW's and "My in-laws held a wake for us," Jennifer Haugh said. "Like we were dead."

That strikes me as a sickness as deep as one that a pedophile displays. An indifference to the harm their actions can cost those abused and those that fought for their children's protection.

Utterly sickening.

The JW's are now playing in Satan's family room.

• careful
    careful

The best overall introduction to the issue yet. Thanks for the post. It's difficult to choose the best line, but this one will do:

"the religion's leaders do everything in their power to avoid having to offer a full and public accounting of the depth of the problems that are festering below the surface. Hints of their scope only emerge in court battles and secret files that are leaked online."

There's nothing like getting to the heart of the matter.

• cofty
    cofty

Brilliant article!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

wow

• AFRIKANMAN
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Thought you'd like to know that this article will appear in hard copy of the Philadelphia Enquirer, April 29th Sunday edition.

Lots of older folks in Philadelphia subscribe to the Sunday paper so they can have a lazy Sunday morning reading the paper while eating brunch. Bet this gets their attention! Just saying.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This is my old circuit, the one I grew up in.

And, boy, the skeletons are coming out of the closet.

Disturbingly, it looks like they haven't learned their lessons yet.

Somewhat ironically, one of the kingdom halls in this circuit was sold off and now serves as a local court!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

good to hear that another kingdom hall has been sold off

that is one of the fastest ways that the watchtower will be killed off

the further a new person has to travel to a kingdom hall will mean that people wont be bothered to go

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Excellent story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit