I've Just Noticed Something About The "Remember The Wife Of Lot" Video

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

I need some help because maybe I'm a little slow. I don't see what this has to do with her turning into a pillar of salt. Also would this be considered a type vs anti-example? I thought they were going away from it https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150315/clear-simple-teaching-bible-truth/ (paragraph 10) or am I missing something. What's the connection here?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

It means that when you're constantly rewriting everything it's inevitable that you're going to regularly trip over yourselves, for me this doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a religious hierarchy that demands unquestioned obedience under all circumstances,

:0)

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

@Reazon22 They don't really do any of the type/anti-type crap anymore. Probably can't fit it into the tiny shallow articles they produce that are basically just rehashes of older articles.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The real estate sister that worked in the so hot real estate market so that they mortgaged their condo to buy something better, but couldn't rent out the condo because the rental market was soft?

Given that it was supposed to represent New York, what is the chance you couldn't rent out a nice flat like that? Actually in any city?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    tebidpoultry - "...when you're constantly rewriting everything, it's inevitable that you're going to regularly trip over yourselves..."

Hell, I think even the Bible writers had that problem. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit