I've Just Noticed Something About The "Remember The Wife Of Lot" Video

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

As Jehobers Bitnesses - we dont Judge anyone. Just like god we love everyone.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Declining beers on the ministry is a bad idea. It would've gotten the poor guy through that session. Silly boy.

• Chook
    Chook

I remember having to explain why I wasn't at meeting, the guilt trip this religion puts on its participants is enormous. Ratting out fellow JW is its core unwritten doctrine and written for serious sin. They get taught like children and behave like children running to the teacher. When I look at all this I can't believe I lowered myself to this level. The whole JW church is a gossip machine.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I just saw highlights (thank-you) but did anyone notice that (as I saw it) Dad is only smiling when he is at the Kingdom Hall (where he appears REALLY happy)? Seems to me like a message that a CULT would want to deliver :0)

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I just saw highlights (thank-you) but did anyone notice that (as I saw it) Dad is only smiling when he is at the Kingdom Hall (where he appears REALLY happy)? Seems to me like a message that a CULT would want to deliver :0)

i know! If he was in my hall i'd instantly dislike him. So uptight and serious and not to be trusted with a normal conversation. Never would you open up to a guy like that about anything you're thinking about or going through.

He's a poster boy for the culty-est cult member a cult could ever cultivate!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The word "judgmental" should be part of the religion's name:

Jehovah's Judgmental Witnesses

JJW.org ?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Remember the Old Testament story of the soldiers lapping up water from the stream? The right way -- on bent knee and scooping up water as they looked about, wary of the enemy's approach. The wrong way -- on both knees, bent over, lapping up water from the stream like the dogs they were. Well, we know who were chosen.

My point is that the Asian bro has the handle of his book bag draped over one shoulder, wherein a passerby, intent on robbery, could grab the bag in an instant, and make off with valuable booty.

The Hispanic hombre, on the other hand, has the bag crossed over his head, making a would-be thief not overly willing to mess with less than easy pickings. Spiritual food, as harbored by Jehovah's Witnesses, is a recognized treasure trove, valuable beyond gems and gold and silver. I know, because I used to produce it at Brooklyn Bethel.

I always hated when the WT conductor asked the meaning behind the illustrations and the spiritual as well as practical lessons learned.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Chook, you are right about the guilty 'splaining about why i wasn't at the meeting, when people would say "I missed you at the meeting Sundaaaayyy...????" Like, fill in the blank at the end of my question, because you owe me an explanation. -NOT!

After a few years I developed an answer I could live with - "Thank you!" Or sometimes, "I missed you too!"

They would say, "You missed me? I was here!" "But I wasn't, and I missed you!" (dummy!)

I realized that when I gave an explanation, that I was agreeing that I owed them a reason for my absence, and that I was hoping they would approve of my reason.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Iown Mylife!!

YES YES YES!

I did exactly the same as you when nosey witnesses did that!

The very nature of witnesses asking like they were owed an explanation is the epitome of CULT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit