I've Just Noticed Something About The "Remember The Wife Of Lot" Video

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Maybe you guys got on to this right away, but i've just noticed something about the Remember The Wife Of Lot video.

We all know the scene where the judgmental JW dad gives that disapproving look to the girl who has lesbian parents:

This look actually appears again throughout the video - but on other JWs. In the scene where the new brother is out in service with the former CO. Look at the new brothers reaction to when a "worldly" person knows the former CO from work:

Ready to rat him out to the elders for having "worldly" association. Oh, but it's ok... he knew him from when he was his boss. That's ok then.

When this brother was studying with the dad character, the dad character gives him the same suspicious look when he meets a "worldly" person who knows him:

I have a hunch that this is just one way of normalizing the idea that we should all be on the lookout on our fellow JWs. Ready to interfere and report them to the JW police.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

You mean where he says "We dont judge anyone" then spend the rest of the scene judging them?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I found it funny that each scene in field service, the householder knew the JW. Ok....you live in a large city. What are the odds you run into someone at the door who knows you. Just goes to show how unrealistic the JW's are.

That video was a joke!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

It's the most stifling experience being a Witness - constantly needing to "explain yourself" to other Witnesses when you sense them judging you.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

They are trying to be realistic, JWs are exactly like that in real life.

• AFRIKANMAN
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember what it's like feeling the need to explain myself when I came out of a cinema. Did I go to see Lord Of The Rings (an elder in our hall named it from the platform as Satanic) or did I see Lion King 2?

Or walking through a busy street filled with nightclubs at night - oh no! There's sister snitch. So there I am explaining (in a free country) that I was only in that street because it's a shortcut to my bus stop.

• steve2
    steve2

I smile at you when you earn my approval and withhold it at all other times.

Now, pull yourself together and earn my smile.

• hoser
    hoser

They manipulate facts to prove their point.

The real estate sister that worked in the so hot real estate market so that they mortgaged their condo to buy something better, but couldn't rent out the condo because the rental market was soft?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Or walking through a busy street filled with nightclubs at night - oh no!

Yep...had to explain that one myself. Parked in front of the local live music nightclub when I was sitting in with the band and the local JW snoop/gossip complained about seeing my vehicle there. Told that I should park a couple city blocks away. Asked what would happen IF I did and my vehicle was seen and it was in front of some single woman's home that late at night?

IDIOTS!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit