Lots of empty seats at Jehovah's Witnesses Convention in Tucson, Arizona

by RULES & REGULATIONS 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

PIMOs,,POMOs whatever it is.

The above 2 groups,,are the ones who are not likely to give $$$,, ever again.

Thats what the Borg fears the greatest. That confirmation the Borg are charlatans,,grifters.

Once thats confirmed...no more $$$$.

The Borg wants to always stop that confirmation.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

If the numbers attending keep declining, how will the Borg respond?

In the past, scaring the sh1t out of jws has been their answer and it makes me wonder if they will be forced to announce something big to scare the rank and file straight again.

They seem to be going down a soft and gentle road with caleb and Sophia videos and soft Christian rock music. Will that change, or will they stick with new approach until the older generations die out and no one remembers the old, hardcore version?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Should the Borg announced something "big" soon,,,something strange or whatever.

It most likely can happen once and they're stuck with it. They will have definitely painted themselves into a corner.

And everyone will see what charlatans they really are.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How will the Borg respond?

By taking increasingly unethical actions to maintain control and survive, which can’t help but alienate decent members even further, who, in turn fade, in a self-perpetuating cycle.

It’s called the “nightmare” stage of “Wishful Thinking”.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I heard that the stadium in my area was pretty sparse too. Many of the old faithfuls are getting older and sitting all day on uncomfortable seats is turning a lot of them off.

Plus the programs are pretty boring and dry. I ended up keeping my folks company via the streaming from their home. As soon as the talks started they were both sound asleep

• blondie
    blondie

In my area 6 regional conventions are being held at a local Assembly Hall over 6 weekends. The AH can only hold 2,000 to 2,500 people using the auditorium and seating in the old cafeteria area.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

It's gotten to the point also because WT has not made any NO ZOOM Provisions for the RCs in some areas. Within the NYC/NJ/CT areas, the members were assigned to attend IN PERSON at The Brooklyn Circuit Assembly Hall, The Long Island City Assembly Hall, plus The Stanley Theatre in Jersey City, NJ. I heard that the numbers were smaller for all 3 BorgVenues. A close PIMO told me about the Brooklyn C.A.H. that there were less than 1,500 on Friday and less than 2,000 on Saturday and Sunday--and this location usually holds over 5,000 to 6,000 (including standing room) pre-pandemic back in the day!

WT, obviously figured that they were going to collect/amass a great deal of capital by trying to influence the members to attend physically, but alas, again they didn't common sense-wise thought about this factor: THERE AREN'T ANY GUARANTEES THAT THE ATTENDEES (DUB AND NON-DUB) ARE GOING TO DONATE THE WAY THE BORG WANTS THEM ALL TO! Pre-pandemic, some followers didn't contribute to the cultporation even during those times! This organization, which claims to be intelligent because "we serve an intelligent being", is NOT SO SMART AT ALL!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

Yes, but I think there was another pressing reason they pushed for in-person attendance: they simply had to know just how many JWs still believe in the religion after the 2+yr absence.

As we read from the poor attendance that has been reported everywhere, it’s bad news. While it is possible that everybody who didn’t show up isn’t necessarily ‘out’, what it does mean is that the pandemic absence has changed JWs somehow.

That could mean many things: ..some don’t believe all the meetings and assemblies are necessary; they don’t want to spend time and money going there (getting an outfit/wear and tear and gas money on cars); some don’t want to expose themselves to germs; many are old and just don’t feel well and we all know that assemblies are an endurance test even for younger healthy people; maybe there is less tolerance for people in general, etc.

Maybe many JWs just hanging on have grown weary of the religion (even without learning negative things about it). They like Zoom because it took a heavy load off them. If Zoom gets taken away or issues made about people’s non-attendance in person, some might rip off the band aid and finally say ‘No more’.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    ..some don’t believe all the meetings and assemblies are necessary; they don’t want to spend time and money going there (getting an outfit/wear and tear and gas money on cars); some don’t want to expose themselves to germs; many are old and just don’t feel well and we all know that assemblies are an endurance test even for younger healthy people; maybe there is less tolerance for people in general, etc.
    Maybe many JWs just hanging on have grown weary of the religion (even without learning negative things about it). They like Zoom because it took a heavy load off them.

Great post LongHairGal!

I think the Zoom meetings has made many members realize how unimportant the meetings are. Too much wasted time and gas. Turn off your Zoom camera and pretend you're listening in.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett
    "we all know that assemblies are an endurance test even for younger healthy people;"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit