Lots of empty seats at Jehovah's Witnesses Convention in Tucson, Arizona

by RULES & REGULATIONS 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://youtu.be/5926NHZYz90

The Jehovah's Witness 2023 Convention theme is, ''Exercise Patience''...By looking at the attendance at this Tucson, Arizona Convention, it should be changed to, '' Jehovah's Witnesses...Running Out of Patience''

• fulano
    fulano

I wouldn’t last ten minutes on those chairs.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Interesting. Why not add this to the thread at https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5094102643769344/regional-convention-attendance

We're trying to collect anecdotes about attendances (or lack of them) at various RCs in different parts of the world.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Less congregations in each convention so less people. Less than 2k?
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Convention here (US) I attended Friday only and there was a similar scene with a lot of empty seats. Admittedly, Friday morning is typically the lowest attendance, and it did fill out a bit more in the afternoon.

Based on anecdotes, I think it is clear that the convention planners' formula for how many congregations to assign to a particular facility is falling short. Between the high cost of travel/lodging and the aging JW demographic, it is evident quite a lot are staying at home and (probably) watching the recorded online sessions.

Baptism ratio of # of baptisms / # in attendance is a good measure, as both figures can be verified or estimated by observers, and compared with previous years' conventions. Some of the 1970's' conventions had a ratio in the 2% range; nowadays it is running about 0.5% most of the time.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

In the late 80s or early 90s, there was some reorganizing of districts or circuits in our region. I remember that convention attendance was much lower in our conventions after that. Not because fewer people were going, but because the district/circuits had been split and had fewer people in them.

Have there been any such changes lately?

• TD
    TD

The venue seats 9275 in the fixed seats alone. With the arena floor filled with folding chairs, it would be +/- 10,000.

I'm guessing JW's have gotten hooked on listening to the program from the comfort of their homes, maybe?

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

And now I laugh at Watchtower!

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Again, this cultporation is REAL and EXTREMELY ANGUISHED plus DISTRESSED for $$$$$$$$$! Repeating (ad nauseam): THERE IS NO GUARANTEE that folks in IN-PERSON attendance will be DONATING the way WT wants people to give them! #STUPIDITY! 🤬

• LV101
    LV101

Are local elders in various halls/cities aware of these empty seats around the country as well as the religion shrinking? Obviously, they know of percentages who qualify to view meetings, conventions, what-not, on zoom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit