Will God resurrect our beloved pets? What do you think?

by Pallbearer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

You assume we all believe in a god.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    And he proceeded to open his Bible and read the verse in Psalms about God opening his hand and supplying everyone's heart's desire.

You should have asked him what would happen if your hearts desire was to have 70 virgins.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't know if this is unloving or not but if animals are resurrected, I hope they skip the Great Dane down the street that used to poop on my lawn so much. When I was mowing the grass and stepped into a "squishy" spot, I knew who was responsible. It was time to get the garden hose out and clean off my shoe.

Maybe I'm not that loving or compassionate. Maybe I should "turn the other shoe" or be more forgiving.

I just have this picture of being in paradise, singing kingdom songs, petting the lions and wolves, and then having that dog come up in front of me and taking a dump on my shoe.

I don't know. I guess I will just need patience.

Rub a Dub

• Half banana
    Half banana

Bringing any complex living thing back to life is impossible........It defies our experience and it is contrary to reason to expect resurrection, there are no recorded cases to set a precedent, it is just a religious fantasy.

Of course in stories of the imagination such as found in the Bible there are resurrections but that is just what you would expect from fairy tales -- so don't take it literally or worse still make it a holy truth!

The logistics of bringing all the dead back to life, let alone their pets, and then feeding everyone would be beyond earth's capacity to produce enough food.

For JWs to recover properly from indoctrination of magic beliefs, first of all there is the the school of hard knocks to attend. The first real-life principle to learn is this: we are all going to die. The worms go in thin and they come out fat. This might sound disappointing and hopeless but actually it makes our lives all the more precious. Enjoy helping others.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Only the pets that properly answered the 100 questions and were baptized will be resurrected, IMHO!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit