Will God resurrect our beloved pets? What do you think?

by Pallbearer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

The Watchtower doesn't hold out any hope for us ever seeing our beloved animals again. I find it very difficult to believe that God -- a God of love -- would refuse to resurrect an animal that we had become so attached to. Over the years I have bonded with no less than four (4) dogs, all of which were/are like family to me. I have tasted what it feels like when one dies.

I would seriously like to know what YOU think, believe, or know for a fact: Will God resurrect our beloved pets? Do you know of any scripture that offers such a hope? If so, I would greatly appreciate being informed.

Thanks,

Pall

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello, Pally.

I don't believe in god or afterlife. Once you pop your clogs, that's your lot, mate.

or know for a fact

No one knows anything for a fact, I don't think. I only know no one has come back to tell me about life after death. There isn't any demonstrable evidence for it.

Sorry to be brutal, but that's what makes sense to me.

I imagine the Socratic method would keep asking people who make claims, 'how do you know?' to all things stated as belief. It works wonders.

• stillin
    stillin

Pets really do form a bond with you that hurts when it gets broken.

A "scriptural" answer only creates more questions. Humans "inherited imperfection from Adam and Eve." That's why we die, supposedly. But why do the animals die?

Sorry for your loss. I wish I had the answers but some things we just can't know.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Dog gone!

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

You can still be with your beloved pets after death.

Just get adjoining burial plots.

Some worming tablets for you both might make your afterlives more pleasant.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just goes to show what joke-hova thinks of animals. I have no respect for a god that treats animals as expendable. While sometimes it is necessary to kill animals (for food, to control populations of animals that can become pests, or in self defense), wanton abuse of animals is not excused. And offering them up as sacrifices to this blood-thirsty god is not acceptable--the animal's soul is used as energy to help that thing enslave the whole world.

And belittling the bond between a pet and its owner is just as bad. Some pets can last as long as 60 years, given proper care. Dogs and cats tend to last 12 years or so, and some breeds can approach 30 years if given excellent care. Yes, I believe that one should not own a pet that they cannot properly care for. But, this is not the case in many cases. There are people that can and do properly care for dogs and cats, even building structures on their whole homes for them. These animals have souls, too. They can become attached to people that properly care for them--why then, after maybe 20 years, does this god expect people to suddenly not care for them at all? Even a pet rat, which is lucky to make it much past 3 years old, can become attached to someone.

Or, I would like to see someone's pet parakeet (which can last as long as 60 years, given good care) dying after a long life, and have its owner not feel anything for it simply because joke-hova wants all that energy to help enslave the whole planet. I would rather see joke-hova dead--preferably by the most inhumane way possible, than seeing a mouse dying.

• Giordano
    Giordano

First off in my life there is no god who gives anyone a do over. Lazarus doesn't count he was just one of many of Jesus's parlor tricks.

Hence no resurrection for anyone ...... death is a vacuum. You go in but you can't come back out. R.I.P is all we've got.

As Far as pets go...... I'd vote children first .

As of now I have decided to give up my rights to a resurrection.......... so a worthy child can experience a full life.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves
    I am very fond of animals especially cats. The question that you asked is one that I would like to know. When I was a study, my study conductor told me that animals do not go to heaven nor will they get to see the new system of things. She stated that once an animal dies, that is the complete end of their existence. Her explanation as to why animals will not see the new system of things is because according to her, they lack the mental capacity to study and put to use what they have studied.
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

All good dogs go to heaven!

Duh

• sir82
    sir82

Resurrecting animals?

Don't know about you, but I think I wouldn't want to live on a planet or 40 or 50 quadrillion resurrected cockroaches....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit