Met JWs today - they lied about who they were

by Xanthippe 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Ruby you are a troll. You have trolled every single one of my threads talking utter rubbish, you troll everyone's threads. You have nothing useful to say. You don't encourage new people, you contribute nothing. I am not going to discuss this with you any more. You are a troll.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Ruby: I think rank and file jws are quite honest and sincere and would not see it as lying or even as being deceptive - I think they are taking advantage of ambiguity.

Lol! You are absolutely right about that. The r&f have no idea about the difference between honesty and deception. They have no clue whatsoever.

Honest and sincere? Yes...they sincerely think they are being honest and don't even know that they have been trained in JW speak where a lie = truth. They have been lied to for so long that they need to live the lie. They have no truth to tell - their lie is their truth.

Taking advantage of ambiguity is willfully deceptive behavior.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks orphansCrow - I'm not sure what xanthippe's problem is - after all she was a jw at one time

taking advantage of ambiguity is certainly not willfully deceptive behaviour - I mean isn't everyone here taking advantage of ambiguity? ambiguity is a place of freedom - freedom to argue, freedom to contest - I may be wrong I'm still an undergraduate and prolly will be for the rest of my life - both you and xanthippe sound like you know what u are talking about and yet there is a problem with what both of you are saying as I see it

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Taking advantage of ambiguity is willfully deceptive behavior......OC

JW`s are also notorious for Lying By Omission..

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lying By Omission

Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, lying by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions

Jehovah`s Witnesses

Image result for Liars club

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ruby: I mean isn't everyone here taking advantage of ambiguity?

No.

In fact, quite the opposite.

*you are a different breed, aren't you?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

alright orphancrow I take your point - this is not a place of freedom to argue and contest - I did get that - anyway I was only going to be here till the end of May - finally finish my degree - the circuitous route has been worth it as I got to meet Socrates - bullies don't hang up their ways once they leave you know, they will always be so - it seems - you come across as one of the worst

• just fine
    just fine

Ruby - you go around picking fights and then try to play the victim when someone challenges you. Your " take my toys and go home" attitude is tiring.

• blondie
    blondie

https://bda.org.uk/

I googled the BSLA and found nothing. I would contact the organization above and find out if they are aware of such an organization and how they were distributing WT publications under that organization's direction.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I think if you contacted BSL they would acknowledge that Jehovahs witnesses do use their system of sign language for the deaf. I remember being taught in a group by a sister who'd been trained in their BSL language. This is the reason WT can advertise themselves as a BSL association (in the weaker sense of association that is, not a company but an association of people who use BSL to advertise their being BSL friendly towards deaf people).

outlaw - I'm not sure wiki is such a good source - I mean according to wiki most advertising would be lying through omission - example a company may say buy our products they are much better than that rival's products (oh btw they are more expensive for no other reason than that we want a bigger profit)

just fine - me picking fights - pls show me where

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I would contact the organization above and find out if they are aware of such an organization and how they were distributing WT publications under that organization's direction.

I might contact them Blondie. I'm sure the bda doesn't want religious organisations misrepresenting them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit