Met JWs today - they lied about who they were

by Xanthippe 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So a couple came into the library where I work today and the woman said she was from the British Sign Language Association and asked if I would display a leaflet for her. When she handed me the leaflet the JW website logo jumped out at me as did the words 'would you like to study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses?' There was a small picture that had someone conversing in sign language but the other pictures were typical JW leaflet pictures.

I remember saying things like we're Christians or Bible students on FS to stop people slamming the door straight away but when did they start telling outright lies?

Anyway we don't advertise churches unless it's something cultural like a concert so I thanked them for it and then disposed of it in the office. Just can't get over the lies ordinary publishers are telling. I supposes it's a top down thing. If the GB lie everyone does eventually.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

sounds like a double whammy, she is from the BSLA but she's also a Dub

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

There isn't a BSLA Shirley.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Oh...I had thought what Shirley thought. LOL!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

They have their own British sign language association - the jw org one - lol - it is on their site - so strictly speaking they weren't lying

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

They were trying to suck people into a cult. These leaflets were from the Borg. Nothing on them about learning sign language. Deceiving them as to who they were. Can you supply a link to JW sign language association Ruby? I can't find one LOL sweetie.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cautious as serpents ...

They conveniently forget the next part - innocent as doves.

Theocratic Warfare tactics ...

More like Guerrilla Warfare tactics.

• snowbird
    snowbird

That should be guerrilla.

Be glad when edit function is restored.

Oops! Just happened!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am at the stage now where I would have called them out on it "Why are you lying to me ? are you not supposed to be telling the truth if you represent "the truth" ?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Can't do that at work Phizzy but believe me I wanted to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit