Met JWs today - they lied about who they were

by Xanthippe 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

It was a small leaflet on my door that got me in at the vulnerable age of 14.

I used to go to different laundromats on my route between work and home to do my magazine purge.

On one occasion the owner confronted me and said that he wanted me to leave the magazines so that the customers would have some reading material. Of course, he had no clue as to what that implied and, being an introvert, I did not tell him why I was doing it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    It was a small leaflet on my door that got me in at the vulnerable age of 14.

Exactly VI one leaflet is all it takes and a lot of vulnerable people use public libraries. I also destroy the Watchtowers they sneak onto our shelves of new books without asking our permission.

I've seen them sitting in a chair watching these shelves presumably to swoop on anyone who picks them up. I wonder how long they count their time doing that.

I also throw the Brahma Kumaris leaflets away.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Xanth - most libraries in the uk do have rules against lit from controversial orgs re religion and politics - so you probably do have some perfectly legitimate talking points for discussion with jws if they come back- re homosexuality being banned by them etc

regarding their lying - u don,t really have a leg to stand on as they can defend that from jw org

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    you probably do have some perfectly legitimate talking points for discussion with jws if they come back- re homosexuality being banned by them etc

Yes Ruby if they left leaflets or magazines disparaging homosexuality displayed in public this would be a hate incident according to British county councils.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

yup

has your library tightened up re controversial material from religions - they have in London becasue another issue for libraries is to do with not encouraging interfaithism

• Landy
    Landy
    Find it odd that so many people seem to be becoming JW apologists here.

I find it amusing that anyone who disagrees with anyone, or doesn't jump on the bandwagon is immediately a JW apologist,

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I don't want to get off topic Ruby, my point was that they are telling lies about their identity in order to distribute their nonsense just like the moonies, Hare Krishnas and BKs. Full on cult mode.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

How can they be lying about their identity if their logo is there on their literature and if there is a person depicted using the sign language and if jw.org advertises itself as a British sign language friendly organisation. they have thier sign language books and tapes on amazon too - you won't get much mileage out this argument but your other argument that they are cult has to do with your impression of them. other library staff may not agree - in Britain they are a sect bordering on mainstream religion.

so not trying to take you off topic here

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ruby, it is deceptive behavior.

"How can they be lying about their identity if..."

Well, if you have to ask that question, your concept of "honest" and "deceptive" is different than mine is.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

well yes of course I did say it is not strictly lying in a previous post - but then on the other hand they may have been wanting to say which sign language they are using and so emphasized BSL. I think rank and file jws are quite honest and sincere and would not see it as lying or even as being deceptive - I think they are taking advantage of ambiguity.

I just want to contest it when xjws make such unrealistic assertions as no one is really going believe us in the long run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit