Investment departments in Bethel

by Mikejw 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

I was a Bethelite in London for many years then got reassigned to the field and then went on BRD from the start of Chelmsford right upto covid.

During my years at the branch I was sometimes asked to be on a team who went to homes donated to the branch when some older one died.

this happenes an awful lot, everything is left to the branch in the will. The unbelieving family is furious they didn’t get left anything and sometimes they tried to get their elderly relatives possessions and there was a legal battle

but in the end a team of us would go and empty the property and another team would clean it up and put it on the market to sell it for the worldwide work.

all the possessions were sorted into trash or possibly valuable

the things we thought were possibly valuable were sent to the investment department which at the time was run by Brother Peter Bullock.

he was an expert in gold, silver and diamonds. Another brother was expert in fine art, but Peter was expert with expensive watches and jewellery.

he had a large vault safe which we used to joke about because there was millions of pounds worth of gold and diamonds, Rolex and expensive paintings donated.

he would periodically sell bits to local Jewish dealers and an interesting fact is one of the Jewish dealers he sold to became the buyer of Watchtower house on the Ridgeway.

anyway after I left the branch I remained friends with Peter we often used to watch movies together and he would often offer me a glass of fine whiskey

mhe was always immaculately well dressed obviously came from money and was personally very wealthy himself.

his wife left him years before and his only son died of an overdose in mysterious circumstances and he was with him holding his hand when he died

ever since he seemed to be self medicating with whiskey which seemed to be quite common in the branch especially bottles of spirits lots of sisters like their gin of an evening

in Peters case it wasn’t only the evening and it was basically from morning worship all day. It became obvious and he was even driving down the road to Waitrose where all those in the branch used to go coming back with bags of bottles

it got to the point where the brothers confiscated his car as there was some doubt if he was driving sober or not

but then he got an old person’s electric buggy and used to go down to Waitrose to load up on whiskey with that. They couldn’t really confiscate that and often would be obvious he was under the influence

this went on for years and it got to the point of him being announced he was no longer a JW

the interesting thing is this all came to a head about the time of bottle gate as a similar thing was happening to Tony Morris the third

he was very unhappy about the situation especially as what was going on across the pond with Tony who is about the same age

end of the story is Peter was kicked out of Bethel even at his age and frail state and now I hear he died a lonely bitter old soul

very sad story

Now some younger brothers are in charge of the vault full of gold and jewels donated and they work in close proximity to the investment department who are buying stocks and shares with all the donations

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Mikejw:

Yes, that is a sad story about Peter. But we can also see how the Watchtower is as bad or worse than Christendom.

gold

jewels

investments

stocks

shares

Money, money, money, this is the "heart" of the Watchtower and it is their God!

Atlantis!

• Smiles
    Smiles

Repulsive how WT has for over a century jugmentally criticised "Christendom" and other religious sectors for amassing properties and great wealth.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Repulsive how WT has for over a century jugmentally criticised "Christendom" and other religious sectors for amassing properties and great wealth.

-

yes they keep a lot of their wealth in real assets - property, precious metals and stones.

I once asked Peter why they don’t sell all the gold and jewels straight away when they inherited it? He said it came right from the top, not to have to much in fiat currency which is all traceable and taxable.

they are very mysterious with all the things they get inherited to them.

it’s actually quite surprising just how many brothers and sisters have died the last few decades who left everything to the Borg

• Biahi
    Biahi

It’s disgusting, poor families cut out for this cult. I wonder if all those brothers in charge of the vaults are 100%honest. It would be probably easy to “help yourself” to a gold coin or two.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't think Peter B's story is sad at all. Karma can be a bitch, can it not? This man participated in the Borg's confiscation of wealth from the rightful heirs to the impostor "heirs of the Kingdom."

I also wonder if any of that ill-gotten wealth includes NAZI art from WW2, some of which found itself in the hands of allied soldiers who took it home with them. YES, there have been a few cases of missing Nazi art that was discovered in the family home after American GI Dad died.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

In the UK you can contest a parents will if this kind of thing happens. If contents were not specifically willed then there's no way watchtower is getting it if the kids want it. Other relatives would have a harder time as I think it's kids the law is very specific about (as your heirs). I believe it's quite hard to write your kids completely out of your will.

How do I know? My own parents stole money my grandparents left me in their will. My step father was the executor and didn't tell me how much there was, or inform me at all.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Interestingly I had a conversation the other day. With an elderly sister was going to see a lawyer about writing her disfellowshipped daughter out of her will. Ironically the person she was telling it to, is an apostate, who is worse than her daughter, so to speak. Certainly a loving organisation. Lol

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Interestingly I had a conversation the other day. With an elderly sister was going to see a lawyer about writing her disfellowshipped daughter out of her will. Ironically the person she was telling it to, is an apostate, who is worse than her daughter, so to speak. Certainly a loving organisation. Lol

-

Diogenesistera day ago

In the UK you can contest a parents will if this kind of thing happens. If contents were not specifically willed then there's no way watchtower

-

There have been many legal battles when unbelievers contested Wills where the old JWs left everything to the Borg

the Borg useually win the case. They don’t even let daughters come to collect their mother’s jewellery even if it was special to the family

It was all sent to Peter Bullock who had lots of contacts in Hatton Garden which is the Jewish gold and diamonds capital of the world.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Now, if we could just expose the source and symbolism of those curious WT finger rings...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit