JW Family...UPDATE! Please advise!

by Ghost of Esmeralda 41 Replies latest jw friends

  • Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

    My ex husband just told me that he will continue to facilitate visitation between my child and my JW family who is shunning me (see my other thread "I didn't think they could find another way to hurt me but...") He says I'm the one with the problem and that I should be "ashamed of myself".

    )!*~!(&%^~*^$! It's not like I thought he'd cooperate, but for him to stand there and tell me that he will allow my sister full access to my child and there's not a damn thing I can do (and probably, legally, that's right) makes my blood boil.

    Makes me just want to swallow every fricking pill in the house. I mean, they're not going to stop until they've assimilated her, what can I do anymore?

    It's like he has abused me all over again. Everything he ever did...this is worse. He likes watching me suffer, this is his only way to do that now. He's a fricking sadist.

    I am just beside myself :(

  • shamus


    Ghost, get that jackass into court. End it. Make it tougher than hell for him to see her.

  • Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

    What would I tell a judge, though? After my ex did something stupid that caused my daughter a broken bone (he didn't hit her, but like I said, did something stupid) my lawyer told me that they have a hard enough time getting supervised visitation anymore when the parent is an active drug user or convicted criminal! What the hell do I tell them? They won't get it.

    He may very well be able to continue letting my family have at her, and there may be nothing I can do.

    I feel like my head is going to explode. He's only doing this because he knows it'll make me hurt. Sick bastard.


  • JT

    Sorry to hear about that, touchbase with me




  • Mulan

    Go to court!!! Check with ALamb. I think she might be able to help you. I emailed her, so you may be hearing from her.


  • SheilaM

    Ghost: Do like I did show your child the best example possible and tell her THE TRUTH ALWAYS she is old enough to understand and children growup and she won't appreciate how they treated her Mom and paybacks are HELL. So, just tell her your expectations and tell her what your sister is doing, I did with my druggies sis and you know my kids always would tell me if she said or did anything out of line. ALSO don't let them upset you so much (like I'm one to talk LOL I'm the worst at this) just try to keep your chinup.

  • alamb

    Just got word.

    Call or write me! I wrote you yesterday. The courts are starting to see emotional abuse as damaging as physical. Parental Alienation is also being recognized.

    Please get in touch with me.

    Thanks, Mulan, for letting me know.

  • Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

    thank you alamb, I just wrote to you. Wrote to you too JT. I don't know if there is a chance with any of it, but I just hate thinking that they can do this and there is nothing I can do.

    thanks everyone


  • expatbrit


    Even though you think there is nothing you can do legally, it's still a good idea to at least talk to a family lawyer. He/she may have some good ideas about how to proceed. Cases have been awarded against the JW's because the judge recognised that the mental/emotional welfare of the child supercedes the religious rights of the JW family. Your daughter testifying that being exposed to Watchtower teachings and practices (such as shunning) seriously upsets and confuses her would weigh heavily with a judge.

    Secondly, from what you've written, you have very good communication with your daughter. Even if she continues to see the JW family, this does not mean she will be assimilated. You are smart, she is smart. If you take some time to prepare her beforehand for the JW cult techniques, she is unlikely to fall for them.

    Please keep us up to date on this.


  • NaruNaruChan


    Take the mother f--ker to court and cite child abuse in the JW organization!!! Say they pose a threat to your child's sanity and that it's immoral, and if you want to set a precedent and if you have enough cash, take the husband to court and accuse him of the abuse and you can prove that the society brainwashes people. (hugs) good luck in all your endeavors...

Share this