Branch Co-ordinators letter re the Australian Royal Commission

by stuckinarut2 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener
    Anders Anderson found a copy of it on the ARC website.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Diogenesister

Thanks for the clarification.and apologies to those who it was intended

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So this letter is genuine? I am surprised they would write in such a cavalier way, especially when they realise most things are leaked. Maybe Terry O’Brien was confident that this particular letter would not leak. But why? He is the short JW elder who kept annoying official by saying “sorry I am going to have to repeat myself here”, before repeatedly claiming that shunning is essentially voluntary/self-imposed, wasn’t he?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    So this letter is genuine?

Yes. The formatting matches current and confirmed branch letters, and the letter is in the official ARC evidence (most likely provided by Watchtower themselves as evidence that branch Australia is doing their best)

I'm sure Watchtower would have jumped at the opportunity to show how apostates are liars if the ARC accepted a fake letter. What better opportunity to suggest that opposers make up all kinds of stuff, maybe even child abuse claims?

• freddo
    freddo

O'Brien is the balding one who said that abuse victims could go choose to go inactive to avoid DA'ing and Angus Stuart politely and skilfully exposed his words as the crafty lies they were.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    fulano - "I have never seen a letter from a branch signed by a person."

Probably 'cause the letter-signers at the Branches stopped being people a long time ago... :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    freddo - "...Angus Stuart politely and skillfully exposed his words as the crafty lies they were..."

No disrespect to Mr. Stewart, but...

...don't kid yourself.

They weren't that crafty.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Terry Obrien is the Australian Branch Co-ordinator. The top guy in the Australian branch.

He was one who was brought in for questioning at the ARC.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Terry Obrien is the Australian Branch Co-ordinator. The top guy in the Australian branch.

He was one who was brought in for questioning at the ARC.''

I think you're right.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Everything is wrong with JW org.

O'Brien here is trying limit the damage of the ARC findings and conclusion which he acknowledges will be put on the internet.

He made a fool of himself at the ARC hearings with his inability to see the issues as legally presented and instead pathetically repeated himself defending the party line. The party line being that scriptural values, i.e. that the need for "two witnesses" to an offence, cannot be altered. This as everyone knows bears the blind unthinking illogicality of the fact that sex criminals remove themselves from other's gaze. What he actually meant was that Watchtower dogma-- which he equates with scripture, must not be seen to be compromised because that is the JW strong hand which they play in the religion game.

Laws penned two thousand six hundred year ago may have served for desert goat herders but not for people today who know that compassion and child welfare and development is paramount and enshrined in modern laws and social services.

The very basis for the JW religion, that the Bible is sacred, is outdated and plain wrong. To believe and act on it literally as JWs do is ignorant and harmful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit