DECEMBER 2018 WATCHTOWER STUDY ARTICLE...Many loyal Christians have remained with an unbelieving mate under very trying circumstances.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

December 2018 STUDY ARTICLE :

Honor “What God Has Yoked Together”

17 Admittedly, there have been instances where an “unbelieving husband” seems to prove that he is not “agreeable to staying with her.” He might be extremely physically abusive, even to the point that she feels that her health or life is in danger. He might refuse to support her and the family or severely endanger her spirituality. In such cases, some Christians have personally decided that, despite what he might say, the mate is not “agreeable to staying” together and that a separation is necessary. But other Christians in comparably difficult situations have not; they have endured and tried to work at improving matters. Why?

18 In such a separation, the two are still marriage mates. If they lived apart, each one would face challenges, as mentioned earlier. The apostle Paul gave another reason for staying united. He wrote: “The unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.” (1 Cor. 7:14) Many loyal Christians have remained with an unbelieving mate under very trying circumstances. They can testify that doing so was worthwhile in a special sense when their mate became a true worshipper. —Read 1 Corinthians 7:16; 1 Pet. 3:1, 2.

Here is another troubling and despicable study article by the WTBTS.

I lived through this shameful article with my mom and dad. My mom, my two brothers, and I were baptized Jehovah's Witness in the late 1970's. My dad was a non-believer. He would always be verbally abusive towards our mom every time we attended meetings, field service, and assemblies. Sometimes he would lock us out of the house late at night just to get back at us.

Their marriage was miserable on both ends. Elders would be called to the home when the verbal fights would get out of control. The Elders advice to my mom would always be, '' Stay with your husband, he might ''one day be a Jehovah's Witness.''

The last few years ( my mom being sickly and not being able to walk) couldn't attend any more meetings. She would listen to the meetings over the phone.

My dad would be verbally and physically abusive( he slapped her and even made death threats). When my brothers and I found out about the abuse, we tried talking to her to live with one of us and leave our dad living on his own. She refused to move out because of fear and reading articles just like this one.

Many loyal Christians have remained with an unbelieving mate under very trying circumstances. They can testify that doing so was worthwhile in a special sense when their mate became a true worshipper. —Read 1 Corinthians 7:16; 1 Pet. 3:1, 2.

We had no choice but to call the police and have our dad ''mentally evaluated'' at a local hospital. After his mental evaluation, he was forced to move out of the family home and move in with a close family member. My youngest brother moved in to take care of my mom. A year later she passed away.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another despicable, mind-tormenting WT study, yes.

• hoser
    hoser

Watchtower doesn’t want an image problem. To them it is better to have a shitty relationship behind closed doors than cut your losses, get a divorce and move on with life.

• zeb
    zeb

an interesting account. He sounds like a right piece of work..

and when the elders attended the house (really?) after violence did they...call the police or was it a family member?

The only thing that mattered to the elders (wt) was; 'he might (R&R) ''one day be a Jehovah's Witness.''. and we have read here of a score of utter bastards who have been 'in good standing' who continued to bully and assault their family members. My guess he would have been one such.

some people dont change..

and some utterly useless practices by the wt.

I have a friend who is married to such a thing. she has ceased her jw contact because of his violence. Violence and against the defenceless is despicable in any form or situation.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    and when the elders attended the house (really?) after violence did they...call the police or was it a family member?

The Elders were called by my mom when there was verbal abuse in my parent's marriage. We never knew what my parents and the Elders talked about.

It wasn't until 2 years ago, that my brothers and I called the police on my dad. My mom never called the Elders about my dad's physical abuse and death threats. Social Services were called to have my dad evaluated. He refused to go ...so we had to have the family Doctor fill out a form and took it to the police..where he was taken by the fire department E.M.T to the local hospital.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The J.W.religion needs to be held accountable on so many different fronts ,but will they ever be.?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

The wording in this article just kills me. They say that “some Christians will leave their spouse because of abuse” but “Many LOYAL Christians will stay and endure.”

This is criminal, making the abused feel unloyal because they decide to leave an abusive mate. So what do they do? They remain LOYAL by staying in an abusive relationship to make JokeHovah happy. 🤬😡🤬

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So some will choose to leave but other will ENDURE. You can see how WT really leans heavy on the mate remaining with an abuser. Why? Because one day that abuser may become a JW. So let him/her beat the crap out of you and just maybe one day they will become a JW. This cult is criminal and corrupt to the core! I hope I live long enough to see WT suffer!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Rules & Regs I'm so deeply sorry for your poor mum. Believe me I understand a little of what she went through. Breaks my heart to hear stories like this. My brother is a domestic violence therapist, he says such men rarely change 😞

Edit oh dark knight well spotted, didn't notice that. Horrible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Looking back, it seems to me like the only thing that would get the WTS to adjust the rules about this kind of thing is somebody dying, and even then...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit