by bohm 117 Replies latest jw friends

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Biggest Increase in Memorial Partakers Ever 18.69%

Chart:Percent Change over prev. year

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

USA had an increase of 2,945.

I wonder if that number is the same amount of JWs that were called back to the USA after the branch they were serving in was shut down and sold off. Seems about the right number and would explain the slight increase.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what happens when it gets nearer to 50,000..........then 100,000, then 150,000....

An article saying that only 10,000 in the first century.........ha

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    blondie: I wonder what happens when it gets nearer to 50,000..........then 100,000, then 150,000....

I wonder what happens when it gets to 144,000.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Don't forget the new baptized lemmings.

Example: a small decrease in publishers for The Netherland in 2016. And aprox 500 baptized.

So the small decline is in fact a huge lose.

So it wil be in much more country's.

Year after year a part of the old population is replaced with new one.

Thos must have effect.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

When I was in MTS, a discussion was had about how many publishers a congregation had to have on average to split into a second congregation. The direction was an average of 75 strong adult publishers per congregation. Taking the 8.132 million avg publishers / 75 = about 108k congos. Current 2017 figures are 119k congos.

Looks like lots of room for consolidation...... lol

Snakes

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what happens when it gets to 144,000

----------------------They will start having more df'ings

• smiddy
    smiddy

The increase in partakers took place somewhere between 2005 / 2009 why was that ? What occured in those years that triggered this increase ? Was it the overlapping generation teaching ? and the R&F JW`s decided to hedge their bets ? and go for the heavenly hope as well ?

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

Since 2007, there has been a surge in partakers. This followed the removal of the 1935 close for the calling, with the statement, "we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends." (Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have updated the articles at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php and http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php with the latest figures. After slimboyfat's comment on congregations, I have included a graph on congregation growth. This does move in line with publisher growth rates, though at a lower figure, as the average number of publishers per congregation has grown from 50 to 68 over the last 50 years.

I particularly like the following graph, as it shows what an incredibly small number of bible studies progress to baptism.

Whilst JWs feel it looks great how much hours of preaching continue to grow, baptisms have fallen from their peak 20 years ago, so this is becoming more and more ineffective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit