Any updates on the org's $4000 per day fine?

by The Searcher 67 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Giordano
    Giordano

Most of us know who Trey Bundy is.........a reporter for the online Reveal Magazine or newspaper(?) who has sunk his teeth into the JW pedophile issue which is rightly turning out to be a huge problem for the WTBTS.

Please note Landy that A problem has a separate existence from those that actually know about it or will be affected by it. Re the pedophile problem for the Catholic Church...... for the Boy Scouts ETC.

When it breaks it tends to break badly for organizations that pretended it wasn't a problem.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Are you kidding me Landy, you honestly do not know who Trey Bundy is? Yet you come on this board defending RO.

Do you not even know what NPR, or PBS is?

Tell you what your the one who last week in your defending of RO started to call me mentally ill, crazy, etc.You stop slamming me and putting me down for being passionate about children being raped, you stop trying to make me look crazy and I will stop using your name.

In the mean time try really understanding the problem instead of saying it's all going to blow over. I suggest you use Google to look up Reveal.

No matter how much you think this means nothing it is big, and it's not going away no matter how much you name call me.

LITS

• Landy
    Landy

Never heard of him.

I'm not sure you can compare the witnesses to the Catholic Church or the Scouts however. They're simply not big enough to catch the national media in a sustained campaign in the way the two organisations you mentioned are.

Don't get me wrong, any article or publicity exposing the poor practices they have is good news but it's never going to be page 1 in a sustained way.

What we need is an organisation to bring legal charges against the WT directors if they don't change their practices. Unfortunately I'm not sure such a mechanism exists.

Even the ARC, as damning as it was, has no authority to effect any change.

Edit - the biggest exposure their practices have had in the U.K. Was the panorama documentary, but just checked and that was 15 years ago.

• Tallon
    Tallon

On Cedars website (JWSurvey) he has a counter totalling up the accumulating daily fine.

As of today 29 January 17, at 16.34 GMT - and if accurate, the fine stands at: $ 877 005.00 - and counting.

A drop in the bucket - they could probably pay the fine out of the petty cash - but not a good advert by anyones standard.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Well you should look up Trey Bundy. And it's funny you just said about it never going to be page 1 in a sustained way is what those who started (SNAP) Survivors Network of those abused by Priests were told that they did not have a chance in Hades of every bringing any change to the Catholic Church. If those abused people had listened to ones like you and accepted a fatalistic view we would not have had such movies as Spotlight and Doubt driving home the point that us victims will never stop.

SNAP is now a very large grassroots movement in many country's not just the US and even though it has been painfully slow it has had huge impacts on the Church. Not enough in my opinion but still something is better than not doing anything and saying oh well it's a losing battle why bother.

Also ones like Trey Bundy are not going to stop. I am so thankful for him. I do not mean to be rude or upset but I have seen to many people not just in the JW faith who have been abused and have turned to drug's, alcohol and suicide because everyone told them it was just a up hill battle that there was no hope that anything would ever change. I know of one beautiful young JW women who killed herself because no one would stop her abuser from abusing others.

I think of her and all of those who are broken and hurt and if my voice is the only voice then so be it but I will never stop speaking out and thankfully I know I am not the only voice as I see ones like OrphanCrow, JWdaughter, Flipper, Vidiot and so many, many others who are standing up against ones like RO who is down playing this trying to discourage ones. I just will never stop.

LITS

• Tallon
    Tallon
    SNAP is now a very large grassroots movement in many country's not just the US and even though it has been painfully slow it has had huge impacts on the Church. Not enough in my opinion but still something is better than not doing anything and saying oh well it's a losing battle why bother. ... life is to short

As the great parliamentarian, Edmund Burke, once said;

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and woman) to do nothing.'

• Landy
    Landy

Well you should look up Trey Bundy.

The fact I have to kinda proves my point. I've also never heard of SNAP. You obviously have, but not everyone has the same priorities and the safeguarding policies of a minor restorationist religion are of no concern to the vast majority of people.

In my mind, the policies that govern safeguading should be law. Those directors of companies/organisations that don't adhere to them and a child gets abused because of their negligence (but only where negligence can be proved and that will be the minority of cases) then the directors of the congregation (who in the UK are charity trustees) should be criminally responsible in the same way I would be criminally responsible if I sent an employee out in a van with defective brakes and he killed or injured someone.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Landy I just do not get you, the fact that you have to look up Trey Bundy and that you have not heard of SNAP means that I am an idiot who has nothing better to do with my time or as you put it here.

"proves my point. I've also never heard of SNAP. You obviously have, but not everyone has the same priorities and the safeguarding policies of a minor restorationist religion are of no concern to the vast majority of people."

That what? That my priorities are skewed? Seriously? If it were not for SNAP you would not be talking about the Catholic Church or the boy scouts having a problem in their religion. You would be slamming some victim of a priest you like you have been slamming and belittling and calling me mentally ill.

The fact that you do not know about SNAP and Trey Bundy and NPR and PBS yet you come on here with all of your opions and tell everyone that it is a losing cause and an uphill battle yet you refuse to look at evidence right in front of you becasue as you just put it "The fact I have to kinda proves my point." and that it is as you also so eloquently put it "the safeguarding policies of a minor restorationist religion are of no concern to the vast majority of people."

See this is the problem, the vast majority of people do not care that children are being raped. The vast majority of Catholics did not care or what to see what was happening in their religion either. As long as it was not their kid or grandkid, as long as it did not affect their little bubble of their world who cares about the rest. But the fact is it does affect everyone whether you like it or not.

Tallon put it so well in the post above yours "Edmund Burke, once said;

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and woman) to do nothing.'

Also Albert Einstein said "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Yeah Landy you come on here defending RO and saying what he says and does is spot on that it is an uphill battle, an impossible thing to accomplish that "the general public simply don't give a shit about a nothing religion."

Yet you totally refuse to look up the facts. Just because you have not heard of SNAP means NOTHING, It just so how uneducated and ignorant you are and the fact that you refuse to even look it up says volumes about what you have posted and your slamming, belittling and insulting me.

LITS

• Landy
    Landy

I'll tell you what - I'll do a quick survey at work tomorrow. I'll ask a few if they've heard of a Trey Bundy or SNAP. I work with some pretty well educated people including PhDs and Chartered Engineers. It should be a good litmus test. I'll report back with the results..

It just so how uneducated and ignorant you are and the fact that you refuse to even look it up says volumes about what you have posted and your slamming, belittling and insulting me

It's you're btw. Or put an of in between insulting and me. I wouldn't have mentioned it normally but seeing as you've called me uneducated and ignorant....

• life is to short
    life is to short

It's your btw? What in the world does that mean?

I would not have called you uneducated and ignorant in any other space but this. You came on defending and backing up RO, you started to insult me last week calling me mentally ill. Then when I bring up NPR and PBS, Trey Bundy and Reveal, than SNAP you come back acting like I am some nut case throwing around words that mean nothing just because you have not heard of them.

Now you get offended because I call you uneducated and ignorant. Look up what the words mean. Just because you have not heard of SNAP in your little part of the UK does not mean it is not a very active organization. It is huge in Ireland as it has exploded with cases of children being molested for years by priest.

Also just because you say you will ask ones at work means nothing because you clearly have a computer right in front of you all you have to do is google it and you will clearly see just how huge and massive SNAP and NPR and PBS and Trey Bundy with Reveal is. In fact right now you can listen to Tray's report from last month. I know for a fact it was huge in Seattle Washington and many people heard it.

But no you won't do that, only just slam me, and ask you experts at work tomorrow. Strange, maybe you are afraid I am right.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit