The end is so close now....

by punkofnice 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Aren't they tiring out from saying this now?

A Jobo PIMI-lite I know has a terminal illness (no names, no pack drill), was told, 'hold on, the end is so close. Any moment.'

The PIMI-lite said they will need to hold on to their 'go bags(tm), then!

I mean, after so many sad years of saying that the end is so close, haven't they got tired, worn out, fatigued at saying it?

• Under No Illusion
  • Under No Illusion
  • JoenB75
    JoenB75

I remember back in the nineties I attended a study at the humble home of a fairly nice elder. His wife was a frail appearence but was always very sure the end was within one year. Back then I knew no scriptures but found her assurance odd. How did she know ☺️

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Maybe the end is near. When I say the end is near, methinks the Watchtower is talking about themselves. ;)

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

It will not stop.

Ever hear the "in for a penny, in for a pound" psychological principal?

As a cult member - you HAVE to keep believing, or come to grips with having wastied your life.

More are in for a pound than those who wake up.

Sadly its human nature.

• LOLS
    LOLS

I hear it all the time from my husband ....
    Every time there's a flood, hurricane, or other natural disaster happening , I get told the end is near .....
    Just yesterday he said it when I mentioned the Corona-virus out break in China 🤯

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

JWs are always right, we all know that.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Maybe not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I expect they force themselves to believe it or else believe that your friend and yours, Jehovah(tm) will lovingly murder them SOON.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit