Life after jw

by Jrjw 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

SBF have you considered trying out the Catholic and Jewish? Both are ancient and so rich with history. Both are also quite different from the other religions you mentioned, except Methodist is similar to Catholic in my opinion.

• venus
    venus

Hi dozy,

Luise Hay, self-help author. used to say in her seminars that if you train your mind giving autosuggestion that you want to die while in sleep, it would happen.

And to everyone's surprise, she herself died during sleep. So what you said " ( if you are lucky ) a comfortable , pain free death in a warm bed surrounded by loved ones" is true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4847770/Louise-Hay-popular-self-help-author-dies-aged-90.html

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Jrjw

I guess I am. After over 50 years I feel a bit lost now. So I am looking for answers. So you are not alone.

• flipper
    flipper

I FOUND the truth and REALITY after I left the JW organization. I found the truth- and " the truth " is me, myself. The truth is within me . I can trust myself and look for answers within myself as I saw the whole " sin and imperfection " teaching is a crock of shit. Religions teach us not to trust ourselves so as to make us have needless feelings of " guilt " or " shame " . I don't play that game anymore. I have no reason to feel " guilt " or " shame " - I'm a truthful, good person. Much more so than the WT Society or any other religion for that matter

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

I would say that truth found me. Truth is a person, not a religion. Jesus came to establish individual relationships, not a system of rules and regulations. And contrary to what a lot of people say, we can know him. The most beautiful part though, is being known by him.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Hi has anyone still kept searching for the truth after leaving wts?

No, don't need to. Have more important things to do. Been out of that nonsense for decades and have lived quite well without needing "the truth", whatever you think that means.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

The truth about life and why we're here is what I mean by truth

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My Dad followed "the truth" for 5 years until he found The Way, The Truth and The Life. That changed everything. Jesus never called anyone to come to an organization or a religion, but to Himself.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm still looking jrjw. I often find I read a whole book and only get one new idea from it. I'm closer to what it's all about than I ever used to be as a JW. I just don't feel the need to spread the word anymore, we all should find our own way.

Lots of reading and thinking have helped, but along the way I've learned to also enjoy the now, enjoy each day at the same time as I look for answers. Life can be so much fun.

• Half banana
    Half banana

It's about asking the right questions and not being satisfied with "perfect" conclusions... but it's good that you are already asking good questions Jrjw, that is the road to mental freedom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit