Life after jw

by Jrjw 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

The truth???!!

Never understood what people really mean by that.

I only try to accumulate knowledge to understand better the world in which I live. That by itself makes me happy and satisfied. Favorite subjects are: evolutionary biology and all the facets of human history.

If what you mean by "the truth" Is some sort of "true religion", the answer is a resounding NO, I never even started looking for it. As far as my early teens, I stopped believing in silent, invisible things, unless it is gases, magnetic forces and gravity.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

This is what is behind.....ALL religions.......the sine wave......the zodiac.....the mazzaroth.......do you know the mazzaroth?

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

The two halves are Christ and Satan.......also notice that it contains four seasons.....this again is Jehovah. the four living creatures....the wheels within wheels are cycles of nature....they all have a beginning and end....this is the ouroboros the snake eating its own tail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

This is Jacob the heel catcher.......

This is the same thing the yin/yang sign is telling us......the two halves and the four........two dark and two light parts.....

"The secret of creation lies in the wave".

Are things "dawning" on you yet?

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Hanged man I've sent what you wrote to my brother coz he's fascinated by those kind of things. I'm still taking a lot in at the moment, my whole belief system is shot and now I have to search for answers

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Think of those cycles jrjw......we all have those seasons in our lives....we are helpless babies born from the darkness of the womb (christmas)....we are later filled with the joys of springful youth....easter till midsummer....then decline and autumn comes and things start decreasing with us in our cycle....and then we face our winter.....yet the promise is......when that cycle ends.....others begin......just as the days cycles do....the yearly cycle also....all wheels within wheels.

• venus
    venus

Hanged Man,

Nietzsche even wrote a book on the same subject which he named it "Eternal Recurrence."

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Hi Venus

That is why the bible,myths etc strike a chord with people.....we somehow identify with "the greatest story ever told".

The dying and awakening cycles....we see it in films....Truman show,Lion King,Matrix and a million others....its the monomyth or the "hero's journey".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_journey

Look at the cycle and the resemblance to the zodiac/yearly cycle.

• dozy
    dozy

It's very difficult ridding oneself of the JW mindset that there is one absolute "truth" and everywhere else is false.

I've tended to find any people or organisation that offers "the way" or "solutions" , in various guises , such as religious , social , "health" or business related usually involves somebody trying to sell something and make money , or sustain and build up something that involves a cost , either ( or all ) in terms of finances , energy and time. In that respect , the Watchtower Society is absolutely not unique.

Once you realise that there isn't any "absolute truth" and that life is chaotic , beguiling , confusing and fascinating , it gets a lot easier. Enjoy the journey , find love and fulfillment as much as possible and realise that there isn't any ultimate destination , other than ( if you are lucky ) a comfortable , pain free death in a warm bed surrounded by loved ones.

• venus
    venus

Hi Hanged Man,

Thank you for that link.

Everything is cycle of Cause and Effect. What science describes in scientific terms, religions describe through mythological characters

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Yes Venus.....the cycles that happen up above....also happen around us and inside us.

As above....so below.

Nosce te ipsum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit