Life after jw

by Jrjw 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Yeah that's what I meant to say.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I examined the Bible the same way I examined Watchtower. I thought that "Christendom" might be right. But the Bible was lacking- it was man-made.

A brief look at belief outside of Christianity showed me it was futile to actually look at each and every variance of rekigions- they are all man-made.

I found comfort in the way science seeks truth. It is if great comfort.

If you want absolute proof that something is the truth or that something does or does not exist, you are out of luck. But enjoy the journey of seeking.

• venus
    venus

Truth exists in piecemeal scattered in all isms. Truth is for the seekers. Intelligence [from intellegere, Latin, literally “read between lines”] would actually mean reading between lines, happenings, scriptures, science … and arriving at intuitive discernment.

There are conflicted religions, and also atheism; there are people who remember their past lives and there are people who do not have past lives. Think about the first flower you smelled when you were a child—you can remember its color and even its fragrance now as though you were really there. Yet your body is not the same now as all atoms that made your body then have now been changed which means what holds your body, the immaterial substratum, has not changed! That substratum must be atom-sized because we are called individuals. The word individual comes from Latin individuus [based on dividere ("to divide")] which describes human being basically as something indivisibly and invisibly small substratum on which body is sustained.

Just like our body organs cannot go beyond certain limit, mind, the thinking faculty, can think up to certain extent; beyond this it cannot think. If we stretch the mind’s ultimate limit, we find that the extent of entire cosmos remains still beyond our imagination and intelligence. Therefore, it seems that a greater intelligence than ours must have been working behind the vast, entire cosmos.

Explore in this line—you will reach truth.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jrjw ,The sad truth is their is no absolute truth in any religion,it can only be equated with wise sayings from any intelligent person who professes a certain religion who just happens to belong to a said religion.

Religion and truth are no more relevant than are Politics and Truth

None of the ancient religious writings of any of the Holy Scriptures of any faith demonstrate the GOD of such inspired writings had any knowledge of anything more than the knowledge that existed among humans of the day .

Think about that for a moment.: Nothing GOD Jehovah or any other GOD ever said or did was anything in any of the sciences in advance of what was known and accepted of the day by learned men.

To put it bluntly GOD was no more learned than the men of his day.He was far from being Almighty.

If he was in fact an almighty GOD [the ultimate chemist as the WT once said] he had more than enough chances to demonstrate that throughout the history of the Bible yet he never did so .

So on that basis I conclude Jehovah God or any other GOD was no more enlightened or intelligent than the smartest man or woman of the day.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Once I discovered the Bible was not written by anything more intelligent than mortal men I stopped seeking and started living.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    truth
    truːθ/
    noun
    1. the quality or state of being true.
      "he had to accept the truth of her accusation"
      synonyms:veracity, truthfulness, verity, sincerity, candour, honesty, genuineness; More
      • that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

noun: the truth
        "tell me the truth"
        synonyms:the fact of the matter, what actually/really happened, the case, so; More

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes of course, I'm always looking for facts and trying to understand reality. Never stop doing that. Question everything.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i left " the truth" because i didnt believe in "god"--or any of that heavenly nonsense. so no need for me to search for something that didnt exist.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Yes....the truth that all religions are based on the cycle of the year....the waxing and waning of light...the increasing light is the christ and the waning light is the opposer...the satan/lucifer...the falling light.

in this sense those two really are brothers....or enemies depending in which way you frame your story.

Heaven is paradise....a garden....this happens when the light increases and makes the earth garden-like.

Hell is the absence of that light....where everything dies,food is scarce and darkness rules.

St Johns day is the summer solstice and Christmas is the winter solstice.

In Indian thought.....Arjuna is John....summer solstice....and Krishna is Christ is the winter solstice.

These are the "twins"...the Thomas's......Tammuz (Thomas is the summer solstice) and St Thomas day is the winter solstice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammuz_(Babylonian_calendar)#History

https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/St.+Thomas%27s+Day

So when the women are weeping for Tammuz....they are bemoaning the end of the increase of light....the dark days are coming.

These are the tom-toms....the beat of the year as the sun ping pongs between the two tropics....cancer and capricorn.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Meet the twins in Eastern thought....the Thomas's.....the white is the waxing light....the male part of the year....the yang.

The dark part is the yin....the waning light part of the year.....however...here is a thought for you to ponder....in the light part is a dark spot......and in the dark part there is a light spot.....bringing us to four....two light and two dark....two male and two female parts.......want to know a secret....this is Jehovah.....the tetra....the four.

In alchemy this would be the four elements....Earth,water air and fire....earth and water are the female (negative) elements and air and fire the male (positive) elements...Yod is fire,first Heh is water....(think of the contrast in the scriptures using this....the earth was destroyed by water and is now reserved for fire)....the Vav is air and the final Heh is earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit