Evolution Gap - Where's the Fur?

by shadow 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Why don't you just send your critique to the most qualified scientists in the USA at the National Academy of Sciences since they were the ones who peer-reviewed and published the paper.

Be sure to tell them how you modelled heat loss based with varying time of day, fur covering and posture and why your results contradict Rixton & Wilkinson.

I look forward to reading the retraction by the NAS based on your research.

• jacobm
    jacobm

I hate to get a bit off topic, but this is one of the reasons I have a hard time accepting speciation driven by 'natural selection'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578792/Shes-popular-girl-Watch-writhing-ball-male-SNAKES-desperately-try-mate-single-female-creepy-Canada-rite-spring.html

This female snake sheds and the scent attracts around 10,000 male snakes. How in the hell is the 'fittest' going to get a fair chance at reproducing with her. His chances are based upon mostly blind chance.

• cofty
    cofty

Well that is way off topic.

I don't understand your question?

Why do you think the mating habits of Garter snakes presents a challenge to evolution? How many species can you think of where the males compete for breeding rights?

• shadow
    shadow

can we stick to fur on this topic?

• cofty
    cofty

Asked and answered.

• jacobm
    jacobm

@cofty:

Because, with 2 males, it is quite apparent who will win the fight...the fittest. However, throw 10,000 male snakes in the competition, and I don't see how this is a true test of the "fittest'.

Could you imagine 10,000 human males going after a ovulating female, and then saying the winner was the 'fittest'. Ridiculous! There would be far too many variables to make that kind of judgement.

So, in the case of the snakes, I am wondering how proper 'natural selection' is for weeding out anything but the 'fittest', when this particular case makes little sense.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Where's the Fur?"

FOUND IT!!!!!

• A Ha
    A Ha

Jacobm, the article said there can be up to 10,000 snakes total in these hibernation dens, but each "mating ball" consists of one female and "dozens" of males.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Come to one of my Italian family reunions, and you will see the fur covering many hominids, both male and female.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

If evolution were true we should be furry. We should also have a bum rope, like spiders do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit