The Watchtower Org will die.

by Freeandclear 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Did you mean to post this under JOKES & HUMOR?

We will each be dead and gone LONG before the WTB&TS folds its tents.

People who claim otherwise have a really poor grasp of Watchtower/Apostate history.

It seems every six months there's a flurry of histrionics and an attitude of "Oh, We've Got Them Now!"

but it comes to naught.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Access to information only helps when people are willing to look at it. I do believe the internet has caused a slow down in growth and will continue to make it more difficult for the Watchtower to recruit new members, but there are still many areas where the internet is not widely available. Even in areas where the internet is available it's no guarantee, as the Watchtower belief system appeals to people who are struggling with life issues and seeking simplistic answers.

Lack of internet access = impoverished citizens = no new profit for WT.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie
    In regards to Organization, some may not correctly understood what the real effect of the aged Brotherhood is going to have on the Witness population. We all know that half the Brothers in our congregations are already in their 60's and many are touching their 70's. When they die, they'll do it en masse and crash the viability of most Kingdom Halls in the modern world. With no new blood coming in; it will become a very hollow religion very quickly.
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Coded Logic: Already there. The growth rate for Jdubs is less than the population growth rate. And the Jdub growth rate has been falling every year for at least the past 15 years. I think within the next two to three years we'll actually start seeing negative numbers.

The bOrg doesn't break down statistics by language within a country, but given the paltry overall growth rate in the US for many years, my guess is that the only growth has come from Spanish speakers, and that the English speaking numbers have actually decreased. The Spanish have saved the bOrg's butt in the US and allowed them to continue to report gains.

• millie210
    millie210

And yet there is still no hard copy translation of the new Bible in the Spanish language?

Doesnt seem like a good way to take care of your most viable constituents.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I've read so many opinions about the end of WTBTS. Some convinced it's next week, others just plain giveruppers.

What I really want to hear is the opinion of somebody who bought Nortel, Research in Motion, Google or Yahoo or Facebook just before they took off.

Yes, I want to hear from a successful prognosticator. Opinion is like belly buttons. Everyone has one. They fill with lint.

Now, I bought RIM just before they took off. They split twice. And if I wouldn't have been talked out of holding the shares that were nestled in my portfolio, I would have netted just shy of $1 million. But I was swayed by the uninformed.

By the way I can post a copy of my dated transaction.

So much for the bullshit.

Everybody needs to take a step back. Get the bigger picture. See what's happened so far and what's happening today! For Gods sake folks. Nothing happens overnight except Lehman Brothers. And by the way, that didn't happen overnight either.

There is plenty of evidence.

Ask yourself this question. If Watchtower's common shares traded on NY, would you be long... or short?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It will never die, just shrink in numbers. It's a social club...nothing more.
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

To me the survival of the org isn't money but membership... although the two are connected

When I was young, "we" were smarter than every one else. We had 128 pages per month of God directed knowledge. We "knew" the end was chronologically connected to 1914 by one generation.

You preached and studied and went to meetings or you were gonna die at Armageddon in only a few years

Today, it's "the best life ever". You don't preach etc to avoid impending death but to have friends and be charitable

Kids aren't memorizing scriptures for the day their bibles are all burned and they're thrown in concentration camp, they're watching videos about sharing and obeying their parents.

Family study when I was a kid was just another meeting full of protocol and structure, no father would DARE have their kids color pictures of bible characters and call that a study!

The watchtower rebranding is a complete response (to me anyway) to two major events 1 the forced doubling of the 1914 generation and 2 the internet expose of the org's past and present

As stated this was a tactical response but also an acknowledgement that the Franzian Era was dead and without a major change the org would bleed members not by DA'ing but by children not getting baptized and leaving it behind

This rebranding annoys the old die hard cause its not about them, this is all about desperately keeping children engaged to keep them in long enough to get hooked and trapped in for life

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Many of the comments here are interesting and certainly valid. One thing that is lacking here, however, is the mention/understanding of Moore's Law, as concerns the Internet/technology. The advancement of technology certainly has contributed to large numbers of people leaving and waking up. In the developed countries, there is a decline which is steadily increasing.

However, technology does not advance sequentially. Technology advances exponentially.We tend to calculate and analyze future probabilities for the Watchtower, based on our past experience of change within institutions in general. This is a mistake, as change is happening exponentially, not sequentially.

With increasing exponential Internet/technology advancements, there come increasingly more new ways of change that none of us could have imagined. Who would have thought that social media, forums and the Internet would be so crucial in connecting us together back in the 60's, 70's, 80's and even 90's?

The cult organization may not change, however, the world around it is, and at an exponential rate. Generation gaps used to be 20 years. Now they're 5 years or so.

My guess is that the cult will still exist as a corporation, however, if it will have any viability or life left is another story.

If the Watchtower Org handles its accounting the same way it handles its child abuse scandals, then it certainly won't look good for them. My 2 cents.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope the financial crash hurts them right where it counts most. People not able to do field circus. The washtowel unable to distribute its littera-trash or keep its web site open. People not donating anything because either they don't have anything to donate or because they don't feel like giving up any of their hard earned silver and gold. And householders not being open to this religion because they see that joke-hova has not stopped the dollar (and all other debt based currency) from becoming toilet paper.

Yes, there will always be a few local groups of idiots trying to follow the washtowel. However, with the dollar being defunct and communications therefore cut off, being able to tie it all together will be well nigh impossible. You are left with a million splinter groups, and hopefully all of them dissipating. And with their stupid doctrines against putting anything aside for this financial Armageddon, instead relying on joke-hova for sustenance, they could well find themselves reaping death and destruction from the financial crash. And where is joke-hova to save them? If they are stupid enough to not realize that joke-hova is not going to save them at that time, they will end up dead. Problem solved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit