Would a loving creator give humans the gift of free will?
The ten commandments are the ten commandments.
That is mosaic law not the 10 commandments
It's funny that atheists have to teach christians about the bible.
A corvette Stingray
Is a corvette Stingray.
Most people do not call it a Chevy.
A Porsche is a Porsche.
Not many people call it a Volkswagen
But in your way of thinking it is all the same..
James...show me one scripture that refers to those commandments as the "10 commandments."
The term "10 commandments" is a colloquialism. The commandments colloquially referred to as "The Ten Commandments" are a part of the Mosaic Law.
I assume that since you think we should follow the 10 commandments, we should observe the Sabbath? Because that was one of the commandments.
That is mosaic law not the 10 commandments.
LMAO! Is this guy serious?
The ten commandments were written by God in stone.
Many people in America used to rest one day out of 7, Keeping the Sabbath.
When I was growing up stores were not open on Sundays.
That is a time many here do not remember.
But it is also a time when many say America was great.
That can be quite a rabbit hole to go down discussing keeping the Sabbath.
I think the 10 commandments are pretty good. For both legal and psychological direction.
Even the laws that were not the 10 commandments about not boiling a kid in its mothers milk is a good law.
Yes. According the Borg the Creator gives free will. But yet He doesn't.
I don't think the bible itself specifically calls them the 10 commandments but they are the 10 statements that the bible said God wrote with his finger on stone.
34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
34:4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.
34:10 And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.
1. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
2. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt.
4. But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
.5. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
6. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.
7. Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.
8. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
9. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother’s milk
Ok I see Coftys point. There are possibly 2 versions of the 10 commandments.
Below are the 10 commandments that I was referring to.
I did say that one has to spend a life time studying these things in the bible. Probably just to retain it.
I think the 10 commandments below are pretty good advice for any country or people to follow.
People have free will to accept or refuse these command. And they do often to their detriment.