do you believe in karma?

by SpiceItUp 108 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Hey Poppers

No, I didn't enjoy that book and haven't seen the movie. I travel a lot to Bali, as Australia is close. Actually, I am in the kitchen of a rented villa in Seminyak as I write. Just had a Kopi Bali and am off for a latish breakfast! LOL!

It's truly magic place and I attempt to tread lightly when here. There is a certain power in this island that engenders respect, once again tying in to Karma and the intricate belief systems of these people

Andy

• poppers
    poppers

Sounds like a place I'd like to visit, doofdaddy.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Poppers if you do email me. With this primitive site, it may take a while to communicate, e.g. I can't change my profile info and the messaging sucks but I would be more than happy to provide what little info I have gleaned and can give info on places to stay etc.

Really, do yourself a favour visit Bali/Indonesia. Now I am really off for breakfast (it's 10:30am)!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Interesting Topic.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"What goes around" is counterbalanced by "$#!t happens".

The Bible's "you reap what you sew" is counterbalanced by "unforeseen circumstances befall all".

Pick a "truism" that fits your need/desire, as they're like greeting cards, with many available for whatever occasion.....

• talesin
    talesin

I think that the group here NOW is much too cynical and likes to mock 'other ways of thinking'.

It was a good topic back then, Cool, but I don't know about now ...

*sigh*

too bad, eh? the nasties are ruling, atm

tal

• caliber
    caliber

think that the group here NOW is much too cynical and likes to mock 'other ways of thinking'.

Do you speak in jest ? Most likely not

******************************************************************************

Do you believe in karma?
    All that can be said is ......play Russian routette too long and

you will end up with a bullet in the head !

If nothing else the word karma is a reminder that we are all too human...so to take care with our words and actions

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

talesin said:

I think that the group here NOW is much too cynical and likes to mock 'other ways of thinking'.

*sigh*

too bad, eh? the nasties are ruling, atm

Anyone in particular you had in mind, talesin? Could you be any more passive-agressive, with the sighs and the stepping around the "newbie" label by camoflaging it with, "the group here NOW"? Go for it, say it, scream it: "YOU NASTY NEWBIE!" There, do you feel better?

if you want to say something, just say it: let's HEAR your "other way of thinking" that you so highly tout. I'm assuming you cannot (or you would've, rather than just launching into an unoriginal ad hominem)....

• talesin
    talesin

King,

Actually, I find you to be quite outspoken, and ready to debate (as opposed to arguing) ...

You are not one of the board members who claims to be a scientist, and then is very nasty in their mocking of those who have 'different' ideas ... you seem to me, to be someone who is seeking truth ... sometimes brash, at other times deeply thinking.

That., as I see it, is a good thing. Some 'other' posters are actually very rude, dismissive, and egotistical to the max, whenever someone suggests an alternative way of thinking.

Never hesitate to question me, please! If a comment seems PA (we all do it. and it's good to be called out), I welcome your criticism.

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Note to KS: I honestly wasn't thinking of you when I said that.

truth!

xo

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit