I wish there were more JW's here!

by be wise 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

An amazing post HS, as usual. I found it touching on a personal level because I lost my family because after months and months of research I took a stand and left the JW because I could not live a lie. Thank you for your eloquent words.

If SOJ serves any useful purpose on this board, it is to remind those who have left the JW at great loss (friendship, family, etc.) why they left the cult and that they did the right thing in standing up for what they believe in and not being content with status quo and living a lie.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

HS...... Thanks for that insightful post (I mean that) You have clearly had experiences of your own in the JW "hierarchy" that were unpleasant and have been clearly not right. This I think we deal with in a human sense, we all remain imperfect. Many hundreds here will be quick to back you up with honest experiences of their own, and of course they are just as valid. Its no suprise to me that out of an active membership of 6 million plus with 9 million more attenders that experiences like this will surface in an imperfect group made up after all of imperfect humans. Thats not to discredit those here, its to agree. I disagree if ever the WT has claimed to be a "Prophet" that gets it right all the time, and I will take my place along side Jehovah to answer my reasoning in due time I'm sure. I've been inactive way too long now to be as so clever to answer all the posts here, but to me and despite being out the 12 years that I have, I never found the Witnesses to be whilst I was in, and since being out, as those kind of people that many like to paint here, thats what I find offensive. I guess this kind of colours my judgement somewhat. Of course I have questions in my mind about the NGO status, Blood issue/organ transplant, and more importantly the Silentlambs issue. These I will come to sort out in my head in my own time, along with research. I do understand that to some its these very issues that have caused them to make the choices they have. (often painfully)

I cannot however wholesale go along with this mob mentality that exists here, it is spiteful, vindictive and hateful towards any that do not follow suit,as I've said before. To watch 2 totally oppossed groups sometimes is interesting, the love shown here at times appears much more "conditional" than that shown at the Kingdom Hall. And the "shunning" is far worse! Your last line says that people of my reasoning know where the door is......and of course you are right, we do. This is a forum for ex jws discussion, not a forum for jws discussion as it purports to be on its header or from a search. I believe Simon forget to change the title......lol sure. Like you say we all know the door. Thanks again.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Of course DaN THE Man....I gave up with you along time ago! "JW Discussion Forum.....everyone welcome" LOL

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Of course I have questions in my mind about the NGO status, Blood issue/organ transplant, and more importantly the Silentlambs issue. These I will come to sort out in my head in my own time, along with research. I do understand that to some its these very issues that have caused them to make the choices they have. (often painfully)

Ahhhhhhh! Good!

• be wise
    be wise

Scooby-Doo

Full Name: Scoobert Doo (Snax)

Likes: Scooby snacks and various other foods, the rest of the gang (of JW's), fooling around and playing jokes.(Doesn't sound like you ScoobySnax),Shaggy the SwordOfJah.

Dislikes: Ghosts and other (apostate) spookies. Shaggy the SwordOfJah stealing his Scooby snacks.

Favorite sayings: "Scoooby Dooby Doo!"
    "uh-uh, no way!"
    "Rokay!!"

"Zoinks...we've landed on the tail of a whale" - Shaggy the SwordOfJah

"Dog?! Where?" - Scooby

"I don't like looking for clues anymore" - Velma

"Shaggy, sometimes I think you'd rather eat pizza pie than solve a mystery." - Daphne

"When it comes to checkin', we're chicken!" - Shaggy the SwordOfJah

"R-okay Raggy!" - Scooby

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Bewise.......even I had to laugh at that............"R-OKAY RAGGY" ZIKES!!

And goodness, in all the excitement of the flurry of posts, I forgot to Congratulate Shamus on his 100th post.......... erm. yeah. R-okay raggy.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    And the "shunning" is far worse!

How so?

We are more than willing to speak with JW's when they come on here. But, can you tell me why we should coddle them? Especially the ones who post here to tell us why JW religion is right, and since this is so we are all toast at Armageddon, including inactive and indecisive dubs like yourself?

How do you feel about Ozziepost and other persons who post here whose JW children haven't spoken to them in years? How do you feel about people like Elsewhere who made a decision to become baptized at the ripe old age of 12, only to later leave or get kicked out, and now their family won't speak to them or have anything to do with them? How do you feel about that?

Get real dude! The shunning is far worse here? You're killing me mate!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yes Danthe Man ....Yes, you win.

<<<< please don't die mate. <<<< "junior senior move your feet">>>>

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Yes Danthe Man ....Yes, you win.

Aw, don't feel so defeated. Just trying to get you to think a little bit beyond your own experience Scoob.

JW's were nice to me too, and I enjoyed their companionship. There are a few that I genuinely miss.

But they don't speak to me now. And they have no idea why I even left. All it took for them was hearing my name read at a meeting for them to cancel any friendship they ever had with me. Tell me now, who is childish?

• be wise
    be wise
    please don't die mate.

ehh?

Actually I didn't get any of it.

Are you drunk?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit