I wish there were more JW's here!

by be wise 63 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

Then we wouldn't all have to jump on SwordOfJah, me included.

I just questioned a JW about the letter from the WTS I was given on the child abuse stance they have.

ANSWER:You do read into it, don't you?

Why does the societys view only change when the law asks them to and why does it differ from country to country. Shouldn't the have a direct policy on child abuse for the whole organsation around the world if they really care about people and not just adhering to scripture?

Silentlambs isn't an apostate organisation, it's for all abuse victims especially for those who are JW's.

ANSWER:

be wise.

• Francois
    Francois

Butter Knife of Jah needs jumping on.

francois

• shamus
    shamus

I would be much happier if butter knife jah would wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe one day he will, and will see how stupid he is for coming here and daming himself according to the WTS.

• be wise
    be wise

The crumpets need buttering!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I must admit, things are quiet here now that the major league trolls are gone: Fred Hall, You Know, Yadirf and Comforter/Dunsscot. However, that wave of nostalgia usually passes very quickly when I go over their old posts!

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

The truth is that unless I accept what the majority say, then I will be ridiculed. Look at the post that you, yourself posted on. I attempted to answer the questions posted honestly and from my heart. But you criticize the way I answered because it is not what you wanted to read. I guess you must give the answers to post, that way you will be happy with the way I answer.

• be wise
    be wise

I am not asking for answers, I'm asking for discussion, intelligent discussion.

Half of the people on this board don't agree with each other but we can still air our view points and are open to change them through intelligent unbiased discussion. I'm speaking for myself here and I'm an ex'JW.

• rocketman
    rocketman

"Butter Knife of Jah" - oh man Francois, that is hilarious!

As far as more jws being here - My Kingdom for a return by You Know!!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

SoJ,

What people aren't happy with your answers is because they aren't coming from you personally. They know that the answers come from directly from the WTS. Why? Because you know you aren't allowed to think independantly.

*** Watchtower 1983 January 15 p.22 Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs ***

Avoid Independent Thinking

20 From the very outset of his rebellion Satan called into question God's way of doing things. He promoted independent thinking. 'You can decide for yourself what is good and bad,' Satan told Eve. 'You don't have to listen to God. He is not really telling you the truth.' (Genesis 3:1-5) To this day, it has been Satan's subtle design to infect God's people with this type of thinking.-2 Timothy 3:1, 13.

21 How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization. For example, God's organization has from time to time given warnings about listening to certain types of immoral and suggestive music, and about frequenting discos and other types of worldly dance halls where such music is played and people are known to engage in immoral conduct. (1 Corinthians 15:33) Yet certain ones have professed to know better. They have rebelled against such counsel and have done what is right in their own eyes. With what result? Very often they have become involved in sexual immorality and have suffered severe spiritual harm. But even if they have not been so affected, are they not reprehensible if others follow their example and suffer bad consequences?-Matthew 18:6.

22 This fact cannot be overemphasized: We are in a war with superhuman foes, and we constantly need to be aware of this. Satan and his demons are real; they are not mere figments of the imagination. They are "the world rulers of this darkness," and we have a spiritual fight against them. (Ephesians 6:12) It is absolutely vital that we recognize their subtle designs and not allow ourselves to be overreached by them. Very appropriately, then, we will next consider how we can arm ourselves to fight against these wicked spirits.

[Emphasis Added]

Your answers are constructed from the WTS and none of your answers come directly from your own because you're not allowed to have an opinion of your own. Because if you do, that's a sign of apostasy and you will get into big trouble with your Elders or CO. People here on this forum would love it if you started thinking for yourself rather than allowing the WTS to do your thinking for you. Yizuman
  • be wise
    be wise

Just reading that quote makes me go

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit