Bible MIRACLEs!! Are they a Myth or Emeth?

by Fisherman 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The Bible records miracles such as resurrections, angels, prophecy and destructive acts of God to mention a few. Are these all a pack of lies? How do you explain them? I am convinced they happened.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do historical records corroborate those claims ?

Are their archaeological records backing up those claims ?

What evidence is there outside of the Bible that supports those claims ?

To my knowledge there is none whatsoever.

My understanding is, it`s all down to having faith in what the Bible claims , facts are not necessary .

I look forward to what other folk have to say on this subject also .

• waton
    waton

Talk is easy, papyrus is patient.

The Brothers Grimm out grimmed. talking snake vs talking wolf. grin.

barge full of vegetarians floating above Everest. never.

earth rotation stopped aka sun standing still? tell us another one.

Barren Lady getting pregnant during the sons of Eli era at the temple? probably

water into wine, walking on water, the resurrected walking into jerusalem ? what? whacky!

If you believe stuff like that you are ready to believe the wt follow up, 1914, 1918/19*, 1925, 1975, 2000. 2075**.

* resurrection of the saints, "world has ended, millions now living will never die". the writers of that revision of history, prophecy, appointed to be the final F&DS.

** projected overlap of anointed centenarian .

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Smid, The GLORIOUS one would be very puny if his splendor could be measured empirically.—Although God gives empirical evidence to believers to validate their faith as real. A Witness that testifies to his belief is not very interesting nor his testimony material and not even a witness unless he experienced an event and is testifying to what his senses measured the event.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Waton, how do believe the writers were lying?

• cofty
    cofty

The frequency of miracles is inversely proportionate to the spread of smart phones.

By definition a miracle is the least likely explanation for an unexplained event.

There are tens of thousands of witnesses to the miracles of Shirdi Sai Baba, I wonder whether you find their testimony to be convincing and if not why not?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Many ancient books/texts "record" miracles. Vespasian was said to have performed miraculous healing, including restoring the sight of a blind man. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of such "records." Maybe they all happened. More likely, it's a common human tactic to "record" things that didn't happen, or "record" details that are not true.

As cofty points out, this activity continues into the modern day. Ask yourself why you are convinced about one set of 'recordings' and unconvinced about others. That might help you understand those of us who are not convinced about any of them.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

This is how I would answer your (fisherman's) question.

The Bible is an all or nothing exercise. Its either all 100% true or its 100% man made. You can't cherry pick the parts you want, because each of the its writers interrelate their work with each other ... and claim that its all inspired of God.

Its as simple as that.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There are tens of thousands of witnesses to the miracles of Shirdi Sai Baba

People say the same thing after taking an aspirin. Let me know when he has the power to resurrect the dead from the cemetery or give sight to the blind or hearing to deaf minus glasses or a hearing aid. But that guy is another subject. If the Bible writers were lying then the Bible is a fraud but reading the Psalms and other Bible books of wisdom, those guys weren’t lying, I’ve concluded. Only my conclusion but I haven’t detected deception.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The Bible records miracles such as resurrections, angels, prophecy and destructive acts of God to mention a few. Are these all a pack of lies? How do you explain them?

If miracles really did happen, when and why did they stop? Were are the Samson's, Noah's, Job's and the Moses of today? When was the last resurrection?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit