by Room 215 48 Replies latest jw friends

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Good work John!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The video is here ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfmf6Z_Npc

Lloyd Evans clearly shows the WTS is using fear tactics to confirm control over the Body of its JWS members but then again it has been doing this more or less for over 100 years.

When the WTS said you must obey us no matter if the direction makes sense tells the tale of how much control and power the GB leaders have over its members or wants to be accurate.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I notice that these videos are all an hour in length. If these videos are the trend I wonder why they make everyone schlep to an assembly.

I could be wrong but I think the numbers at the top are frame counts, not time counts.All the videos are in the pre- production phase and the numbers are there to modify or insert data at any point. A good example is the video with the green screen background where a background has to be synced with the actors.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Since when have homosexuals berated anyone for not wearing a wristband?

Since when did cashiers outright ask you if you wanted to donate to a charity? (There's usually a bucket or something next to the till for that sort of thing).

It's always been the Watchtower spouting hate towards the homosexuals, and here they are playing the victim.

"I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. And we believe the bible says that sex is for a man and woman who are married".

Vom. She's missing out on so much.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    could be wrong but I think the numbers at the top are frame counts, not time counts.All the videos are in the pre- production phase and the numbers are there to modify or insert data at any point. A good example is the video with the green screen background where a background has to be synced with the actors.

It is pre production which made me wonder how they are not able to track the person down who leaked the vid. Surely there can't be that many people who can get their hands on it? Maybe I'm wrong and there's lots, but still....risky....so thank you so much you Bethelites doing this for us!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

You know the answer to that already NY44m! Conventions are a $$$$$$$ maker! Plus the gathering motivates the people just by riling them up.

Not just the money - conventions are great for applying social pressure to get people to accept some of the more extreme indoctrination. A lot of these videos are things that an average, unthinking JW would object to were they to view it privately. They then might seek out someone else that they know who is of like mind to discuss their objections. Having JWs all view these together prevents this - they're sitting there with tons of other JWs around, all nodding along (or, at least, failing to make a fuss about it) so they do the same. They see other people listening (even their friend that they might otherwise assume would have similar objections to theirs) and outwardly going along with it so they have to silence their concerns. The fact that they then don't speak up triggers cognitive dissonance (it's wrong but I didn't do anything about it) that influences them to adjust their opinions (well I didn't do/say anything about it...so maybe it's not wrong).

Even if they managed to make up for the direct financial losses of doing without conventions, I suspect they'd end up with a greater rate of attrition of members as they move to viewing these in small groups or alone and discussing with people that might be more open in their thinking. If they're smart, they'll never get rid of conventions. At most they might go to 2-day conventions, but I suspect that's a bad move on their part (they'd lose all those great experiences about people being fired for taking friday off and then getting a higher-paying job with less hours on the same day!). The one-day assemblies made sense because many assemblies are held in their own buildings and doing one-day assemblies would probably allow them to consolidate/sell many buildings. But they wouldn't get the same benefit from reducing the length of a convention until they, too, went to a one day, and most conventions are held in rented facilities anyway. Anyway...bit of a tangent there.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The sheeple are being reminded in one of the videos to accept any direction given by the cult, even if they don't understand/agree with it.

The context is referring to those who have been split up from close family members and packed off to different congregations. The G.O.D.'s work in mysterious ways.

• steve2
    steve2

The videos continue the stereotypes of portraying worldly people as verbally aggressive and nasty to the line JW - whilst the JWs are portrayed as humble and kind-natured.

I don’t know how JWs can lap these up knowing that non-Witnesses are in the main considerate and don’t aggressively peddle political and social messages that cause them to openly scorn JWs in front of the public.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Diogenesister
    It is pre production which made me wonder how they are not able to track the person down who leaked the vid. Surely there can't be that many people who can get their hands on it? Maybe I'm wrong and there's lots, but still....risky....

Bethel-elders, production-team, video-cutting-team, the hole IT-department and so on.

Hard (or impossible) to find the leak.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's only a matter of time before we have their internal emails. Now THAT would be something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit