2018 Convention videos leaked by brave insiders

by Room 215 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

pale.emperor '...Since when did cashiers outright ask you if you wanted to donate to a charity?'

I live in Vancouver, Canada. The cashiers at the grocery chain where I shop [Save-On] are always asking customers to donate to the latest charity drive. Children's Hospital, Food for Kids, etc. All good charities but it annoys me and others. Comments have been made in the local media about how customers are getting tired of it. I suspect the purpose isn't always altruistic. It is nice to brag that you collected $10,000 for this or that charity.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, this seems really risky to have been released now. 3+ months prior to RCs, there would be relatively few with access to these videos yet.

Somebody either doesn't much care if he gets caught, or is exceptional at covering his tracks.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

It used to be illegal in the UK to ask for money for charity. Even to rattle their collection tin at you too, although they always did it.

Its not really charity if you’re forced or guilted into it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What about the part where the sister is talking about being "assigned" to a different cong and sister self-sighteous and sister no-backbone tell her "well I'm going where I'm told, so there you weak-ass bitch."

The elder from the back of hall notices the sisters "talking" and looks like he's about to march down there and break it up until sister's loyal and obedient "say the right thing."

They make out it's wrong to want to go to the same cong as your friends and family!

My god talk about orwellian.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

10:22: Whether is makes sense or not, im going to support that arrangement.

/\THIS/\ is exactly what a cult is!!

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Who's down voting over here this stuff is GOLD !! I'd say Johnny the Bethelite is leaking this stuff hehe ! And hello there WT are you enjoying ? I certainly am.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The way the borg uses fellow members to control each other's thoughts, words and behavior is despicable.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Conventions probably do still make Watchtower some money, but do they make as much money as they used to?

One huge source of revenue was the food sales. The second huge bump in revenue came from literature sales and latterly donations following the new literature release.

Now that there's no food, and no new books handed out, I wonder how much revenue it generates.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thanks Finkelstien, I'm a jeehovahs witness and we support hatred and homophobia, why dont you embrace us. They really do sicken me but as slick as the vids may seem their hate filled message continues to make them lose members, they seem desperate, the idiot Morris could have written that vid himself, god I'm angry! I like the subtle pressure that is put on the 3 sisters to either support the new arrangement of wholesale KH sell offs or perhaps your attitude is not right in accepting the direction, they know full well the R&F are dropping like flies when it comes to move miles away to a new KH, but their forceful message of obey us and dont question will have the opposite effect.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

BTW, Lloyd Evans is a shining light in exjw activism and should be commended, he doing an amazing job

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit