2018 Convention videos leaked by brave insiders

by Room 215 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

I won't say that a insider from Warwick has leaked the videos. All the video files (unfinished) have also been sent to all the RTO and Remote translators (some as early in November 2017) and video teams across the globe for translation and audio recordings. At this time thousands of JW's across the globe already have these videos and it is pretty much easy for Cedars to get a copy.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Honestly I don't really see anything "new" with these videos. It's the same stuff I was raised on. I remember when the congregation divided in my area and a needs talk was given about following the proper arrangement. Everyone pretty much went where they wanted anyways....And the whole "martyr" complex in the retail store....people are really so self absorbed and individualistic-no one is really paying attention if you're donating or receiving a bracelet.

The great thing about the videos(all the vids in general) is something I read on this forum...It gives you a clearer picture of standard JW beliefs. Sometimes when listening to a talk or hearing someone in a meeting, you could kind of convince yourself you didn't "hear" right, or that was some hardcore JWs belief. But the videos put the "standard" belief front and center. There's no disputing it. The videos are accomplishing something that we should be ecstatic about- a different perspective. A way for JWs to observe their beliefs as a third party.

When I watch the videos, I think to myself..how on earth could I have believed this stuff? How was it that all of us here really believed that Armageddon was going to come and kill everyone but us. Makes me really reflect on the dangers of just going through the motions and doing busywork without really "thinking". I will never do that again.

• sir82
    sir82

The videos were sent as a prep package to zone overseers, circuit overseers, as well as the 100's of elders who are working up the outlines in which these videos are to be shown.

Ah.

Bummer.

So not necessarily a "higher up" leaker, most likely an elder who has some parts assigned on the RC.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I just can't watch these video to the end...but it's amazing how they picture LGBTs persecuting them...the situation in the shop is unrealistic and when asked for a donation a "no, thank you" is usually the end of it.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Unrealistic doesn’t even begin to describe it. It’s shocking that this is not the fleeting fancy of a deranged mind, but the product of sustained and coordinated effort of many people over a period of time. Did no one at any stage question or try to steer away from the madness?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Regarding Clip#2: IMHPO, the GB are trying to separate families in the Borg. They want:

(A) Total reverence/worship and control over the R&F. No closeness of family members, even if all involved are PIMI; and

(B) Just in case, some family members may wake up to TTATT, those 8 control-freaks don't want the awaken ones to reveal and finally influence the others (who may have some doubts and may be PIMO; and even PIMI). They totally are scared that this may happen--in fact, the above is happening and have happened in a number of families already.

I really want to thank, in addition to Lloyd, the brothers and sisters who made it possible for this "Warwitchy-Leak".

• StainedGlassHeart
    StainedGlassHeart

Does anyone know if this video that the critic reviews is being shown at this year's summer conventions?

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Lloyd Evans isn’t the one who leaks the videos but he takes the credit. Thanks go to the PIMOs who risk getting found out by leaking them.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

By the way, most JWs with JW Stream access can get hold of the entire convention in different languages and make the videos available. It’s a double edged sword for WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit