2017 Annual Meeting

by obarac 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• obarac
    obarac

About 1 hour to go. We can chat about AM here.

• dozy
    dozy

I suspect there will be a lot of "Armageddon is near , brothers" stuff - North Korea , Trump , misc hurricanes , unrest etc being thrown into the mix.

• stillin
    stillin

My wife would be totally pleased if I could stream this live! I almost got dragged off to it but she is swamped at home. If anybody has the login info, please PM asap.

• obarac
    obarac

Login info for stream would be nice. pm me too.

• St George of England
    St George of England

That would be great but I suspect we will just have to wait...!

Surely from all the hundreds of congregations in the US someone, somewhere......

George

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My poor wife (took her octogenarian mother) reports that Loesch is now yammering on about every building, parking lot and outhouse ever dedicated to Jehovah.

I owe her drinks and a nice dinner this afternoon.

• WeatherLover
    WeatherLover
    There's no more yearbook. And only 3 editions of the public edition of the Watchtower and the Awake! per year, starting next year.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

I wonder if they'll still print their stats, you know, things like how many Memorial partakers there were, lmao!

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

To sum things up...

A. Watchtower summary

B. Dedication of a gazillion buildings with "inspiring" stories (gag me)

C. There will be 3 Watchtowers per year and 3 Awakes per year. Very pointed remarks about "wasting" literature on people who've been accepting literature for years but don't do anything beyond that. Reading difficulty in the articles will be lowered, combining the simplified and normal editions. The layout will also change. This all starts on January 2018. Likely plan is to produce two years of the new Awakes/Watchtowers and then reprint them again. Basically - no new articles after the next two years.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    WeatherLover: There's no more yearbook.

Whoa. That is a Big change. Huge.

...And only 3 editions of the public edition of the Watchtower and the Awake! per year, starting next year.

Big drop in preaching activity. No more need to preach the "good news" when the message changes to one of "judgment" at the beginning of the GT.

No need to document growth. So no more yearbook.

The GT has started....we were told it would last summer when they gave us the basement video and warned that the message would change from good news to one of judgement. Tricky way to hide the decrease in numbers and justify all the legal problems they are encountering worldwide.

And save on the cost of putting together a yearbook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit