2017 JWN Christmas Card Exchange

by blondie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My wife and I would like to do this. Great idea! We will PM you soon. Still Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

Smiddy, if you do this almost every year on JWN, it is religiously.

informal If you do something religiously, you do it regularly:

He visits his mother religiously every week.

You'll be on the list

• blondie
    blondie

So far 5 participants including me.

Does anyone have some goods suggestions for free online Christmas cards. I like sending real ones but some prefer online.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it's bound to be 20 or less, I am stepping up and joining. If it is more, all the better. I was worried that my JW wife would see me getting 100 cards, but she can handle a fraction of that.

• smiddy
    smiddy

blondie ,just curious ,what is the most number of persons who have participated in one year,I think their were quite a few when I last did it.

I believe some hold back because they are superstitious ,either thinking they will be struck down by a lighning bolt if they join , or that you need to be some sort of Xian to participate in this.

I say Hogwash ! ..... I`m an atheist not a christian ,yet I can acknowledge my friends on this board on this occasion .with a statement.

If you are a Xian and you dont believe jesus birthdays on 25th December ,it should be no problem

If your not a Xian , then theirs really no big deal , get on board.

Sorry blondie I`m just trying to drum up a bit more support .

• blondie
    blondie

OTWO, just have them sent to your place of employment if that is not against the rules, or open up a mail box just for this (don't know how much that is).

So many jws made their way around the human rules of the WTS. Only worried what other jws found out but functioning on this premise that god does not see them.

Ezekiel 8:12

New International Version
    He said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say, 'The LORD does not see us; the LORD has forsaken the land.'"

New Living Translation
    Then the LORD said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the leaders of Israel are doing with their idols in dark rooms? They are saying, 'The LORD doesn't see us; he has deserted our land!'"

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Does anyone have some goods suggestions for free online Christmas cards.

Victorian Trading Co. has sweet, old-timey e-greetings free of charge.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Does this apply to people wherever they live in the world?

Edited to add: So very sad about Grace ( mouthy). Does anyone know if she was ever United with her daughter before the end?

• blondie
    blondie

Diogenesiser, yes it does. Of course, I don't know how many people will sign up or what their budgets are. I send to everyone on the list wherever mail is delivered send to e-mails to those provide them. I see betterdaze has provided one site for free email cards.

Victorian Trading Co. has sweet, old-timey e-greetings free of charge.

I last understood that Grace had 2 daughters, one that looked out for her and one that had had no contact. I don't know about the last few months before Grace's death. To Grace family was more than blood those she loved her blood family.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

I'm all in!!! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit