Organizational Accomplishments - Expanded Video Production Facilities at Patterson

by wifibandit 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

So I am torn on this video. On one hand, I acknowledge the production quality has improved tremendously since I left 10 plus years ago. Nice facilities. I would have loved this when I was still in. I am sure my JW mom does.

On the other hand, it is a fuc#ing cult. All of that quality wasted on an inferior message.

A for quality, Double F for message. LOL.

Snakes

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

For most of the video, there's a big almost 5' x 4' JW logo on the wall. If you listen closely (which unfortunately I did) one man says "our old space was "suitable" for a time but then they needed a bigger space that was adequate. (at least that is what I remember but I'm not going to listen again, it brings back those memories of convention talks)

So they just take your hand and lead you down the path of "of course we need this and Jehovah blessed us" But I think of how they call the Vactican an opulent waste of money and how poor people would benefit from the money spent on the furnishings etc.

Just makes me feel like they are going Wow! Look at all the expensive cool stuff we got because Videos are so in now and will really help people to know the Truth.

The real secret is - they are getting ready to replace the current GB with CGI. Then they won't have to worry anymore about roasted hot dog comments.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Why Paterson and not Warwick?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If it turns out to be true that western, first world nations are losing memberships ,Baptisms are down ,congregations are being reduced in number ,2/3rds of born in children leave the religion ,the literature they used to print is dramatically reduced,the intellect of the average JW today is pathetic in trying to defend their faith ,if they try at all.

Watch a group of JW`s the next time their in your territory,they dawdle from D2D mainly conversing among themselves ,their is no urgency or purpose to the" work" they are doing ,are not interested in engaging in conversation to point out it`s a life and death message they are preaching to the householder , they just do not care.

The majority of JW`s that go from D2D now are resigned to what they believe is a fact that nobody is interested anymore so why bother ?

They are just biding time ,which they can count at the KH.and prove to Jehovah/Jesus that they are worthy.

So what is the point of Paterson ? Just to preach to the converted ?They are not gaining new converts with all of this expense ,it`s not reaching out to the world in general ,it`s only going to a captive audience .

How long can that last ?.

The 2nd and 3rd world countries just do not have the money to sustain this program for very long and it cannot last.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The JW Audio-Visual chariot speeds up ever quicker. Invest more in the televisual content and continue to reduce the material publications. In 25 years time, many J.W.'s will have sight disorders, thanks to staring at iPads night and day. (Other tablets are available)

• Room 215
    Room 215

Again, it's an example of a shift toward a diminishing outreach to the uninitiated public and an increasingly desperate bid to hold onto what they have by dazzling the masses with impressively produced puffery devoid of any intellectual weight.

And just how are the rank and file .. so conditioned to going door-to- door with printed materials -- supposed to adjust?

Once again, kudos to you wifibandit for your invaluable contributions to this forum!

• pixel
    pixel

When are they going to change their name to Watchower Bible and Video of Pennsylvania?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

thank you wifibandit - what would we do without you? I always look forward to your posts.

I had an elder's visit last week and he said ' they were moving with the times' so I guess that's things like this then.

It's impressive and obviously costs a lot of money but I can't seen how it helps their dwindling growth areas who can barely afford to feed themselves let alone buy tablets. I think it's just as Room 215 says 'impressively produced pufffery' (love that phrase) and the R&F will indeed be impressed.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Why bother to work hard in the d2d ministry when it is clearly the creator's will that everyone should be looking at JW org videos?

Hang on a mo! only JWs want to watch stuffed shirts with mechanical gestures spouting JW propaganda. This means even fewer new recruits to the cult........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit