Simon's Forum Is More Than Just a Forum!

by Atlantis 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

shepherdless:

Thank you for your consideration of others and their health. We appreciate your contributions and learn a great deal from you. You are a real blessing!

Atlantis!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I've been on this sight for 18 years and I can say this is the place I go to find out what happening with the Watchtower corporation. I think that is saying something about Simon and his hard work.

I'm sure the Governing Body has visited this site(but only after a lot of prayer to Jehovah their corporation sock puppet) It definitely is a place for people to connect with fellow unbelievers and pass on note worthy information. I raise my glass to Simon.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Brokeback Watchtower:

I'll drink to that my friend! And I'll even buy the next round!

Atlantis!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Simons forum is the reason I exited JWs

• Biahi
    Biahi

Although I lurk here more than I post, I am very grateful for this website. I feel that you are all friends, or at least “kindred spirits”. It also keeps me in the loop of all the new teachings, I’ve been out a long time, but prefer tp know what’s going on, due to some aging family members still in.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Btw, I started lurking here when AnddontcallmeShirley was an active poster, I always liked his posts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Simon's forum is more than just a forum..."

"...it's a way of life!"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Btw, I started lurking here when AnddontcallmeShirley was an active poster, I always liked his posts.

i miss ADCMS--if hes reading this--give us a wave.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Beautiful thread Atlantis!

Thank you for sharing this.

I will be ever appreciative of Simon for creating this safe community! In fact I have often said that this was my "soft landing place" - my "safe space" as I was awakening and working out how to extricate myself from the grips of the Society.

I echo the kind words, and say "THANK YOU" and send much love to Simon for the hard work in keeping this place going!

• Simon
    Simon

This thread is both happy and sad. It's nice to be reminded of the connections we've made over the years and how many have come together to help each other cope and get past the shared experience of the WTS.

But we're reminded too that people get old, no fantasy illusions of living forever anymore. So many people do so much and deserve at least a lot of thanks (and appreciation really does count for a lot) but sometimes some support.

We never know what is going on in people's lives behind the name and avatar and what life challenges they may be facing.

Thanks for the reminder Atlantis (and for all you do!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit