Simon's Forum Is More Than Just a Forum!

by Atlantis 44 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Thank you, Simon!

I have found that I belong here more than any Kingdom Hall. The boredom, cliques, do more, not good enough, self-righteous, and ''am I doing enough to please Jehovah'' is off my shoulders.

I hated myself for years by going through the motions. There were times I would drive around in my car and walk in 1 minute before the meetings started and leave 1 minute after the meetings ended because I knew I didn't belong there. I hated every minute of the meetings. It's either you are 100% in or get out since it will eat you alive.

The Elders knew I was going through the motions just to please my family. I came up with every excuse on why I missed the meetings. Work, illness, and 100 other reasons why I wasn't at the meetings.

One day I decided I wasn't going to any more meetings. I broke my mom's heart but it was either my physical and mental breakdown or continue to lie and suffer.

The '' mental abuse'' the WTBTS put me through will never end. They did a great job on me. All I know is that by coming on this fabulous site I will heal and feel better. I know now that there are millions of people who lived through the same Jehovah's Witness life.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

RULES & REGULATIONS:

Yes, yes, we know exactly what you are talking about. I never felt right in the Kingdom Halls either. Constant guilt that we were not doing enough. More, more, more, never enough.

The task masters who moaned and groaned at us were doing even less than we were, yet they were the ones pointing the finger.

When I walked out of the Kingdom Hall for the last time I felt a thousands pounds of weight fall from my shoulders. Finely some fresh air!

It is so good to be free from the Watchtower prison.

Atlantis!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What a lovely post. Yes, this is a great site and forum. Would not know what to do without it.

We are all in a same sort of situation, the forum gives me power to go on.

G.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Gorbatchov:

We couldn't do it without you Gorby! We are all just folks wanting a family and it looks like our family is here.

Atlantis!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I am grateful to Simon, Ange , and his team of mods for all the work they do in keeping this site running all of these years.

And i am also very grateful to all of those who contribute to this forum with the wealth of information ,facts and knowledge that I have received in more than the 10 years I have been here .smiddy 1,2,3.

I have learnt more about the JW/WT here than I ever did being a Jehovah`s Witness for 33 years.

I am 79 years old and my wife 76 yrs, who doesn`t post here but supports me and we too have our health problems ,but that is to be expected now. Every year above ground is a bonus.

And I appreciate the fifth column movement still in the organization that leak out to us secret classified information we wouldn`t otherwise be aware of...Thank you.

• zeb
    zeb

Atlantis. many thanks from my heart.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

We are also beholden to Paul Grundy from JW Facts for his contributions to this forum. If anyone wants to do some JW fact checkin...JW Facts is the place to go!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I learned so much from this forum when first waking up and still continue to learn.

I visit most days and without it I would miss a lot of posters most of whom I've never met. When we lost Eric i cried and although I had never met him felt I knew him as a fellow escapee.

For those who remember Sleeping Beauty and Hairy He Goat they very sadly lost their daughter in an horrific car crash yesterday.

I met them a few times through meetups and kept in touch mainly through Facebook. I cannot imagine the pain they are going through right now.

RIP Leah :(

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

smiddy3:

It is wonderful that you are still posting at 79 years old. I am almost 70 and was in the Borg for 50 years, so you and I saw a lot of injustice during our years. Glad to be free!

zeb:

Many thanks my friend! Keep up the good work.

JW GoneBad:

Absolutely! Paul Grundy from JW Facts has been a key starting point for those who woke up to Watchtower deception.

Amelia Ashton:

Thank you for your compassion towards Sleeping Beauty. You are very kind Amelia to remember Eric. There are many we feel close to yet have never met. When they are gone we feel like we have lost a member of our family.

So sorry to hear about the daughter of Sleeping Beauty and Hairy He Goat. We send our very best to their family. Please let Sleeping Beauty know that we miss them.

Atlantis!

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I have only been on this site for about 3 years, but it really has been a godsend for me. So i am extremely grateful to Simon for that.

I have learnt so much and enjoyed the comments of many. I have used certain material, and one piece of material in particular from one poster (I have never told the story here) was instrumental in tipping my son out of the cult.

Best wishes to Barbara Anderson, Doug Mason, Nathan Natas, and Blondie. I have read many of their posts. Best wishes to you as well, Atlantis, and all the other regular posters; far too many to attempt to name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit