Uh-oh.........elder visit tomorrow.

by Mulan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I wish the best Mulan. You and Dave seem to be okay with whatever happens. So maybe you're smarter than I. Good luck.

As for me, I would fight being DF'd, not because I want to go back but because I don't like the idea of someone telling me who I can or cannot talk with. If/when elders come to our house to do their business, I will fight. I'll be damned if I'll let a couple of elders come into my house and lift their leg on me and mine without firing off a few shots of my own.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

.....tap,tap,tap,tap,waiting patiently to hear the skuttlebutt. In the meantime wishing Mulan and Big Red the best..........handing the sacred light saber (grabbed onacruses)

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Katie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Mulan,

You said:

We don't care if they disfellowship us.

GREAT! It’s all a state of mind. Elders play on emotional blackmail – but if you really don’t care about the threat of being shunned by those in the congregation or don’t have any family in then I don’t see a problem. Claire and I have only been out 3 months – and you were there for us with your support, Mulan ((((((HUGS)))))) – and we have grown mightily strong. Our daughters have made their decision and THEY, not us!, must take the consequences. What you and I and thousands of others on this list do is far more Christian than anything that dogma-ridden Borg come up with!

Big Tex is right:

If/when elders come to our house to do their business, I will fight. I'll be damned if I'll let a couple of elders come into my house and lift their leg on me and mine without firing off a few shots of my own.

The only difference between Big Tex and I is that the elders won’t even get in the door! I consider all elders as scum and mentally inferior. If they were not, they wouldn’t be elders and wouldn’t be in the Borg. It’s a simple as that. My philosophy is ‘I owe them nothing – I give them NOTHING!’ and that includes TIME!

Love to you and Dave,

Ian and Claire

• Princess
    Princess
    The grandkids are young, and high maitenance, so we can't have an in depth conversation with them around.

HUH? High maintenance? My kids? Rhys enjoys talking about the "bad church", might have had a little input you could have used.

You forgot to tell us this when we picked them up. If Joe is coming I know how this will turn out!

I thought the CO told grandma they wouldn't do anything to you and dad.

Keep us posted.

• mustang
    mustang

Righto- Jourles!!!

Scuttle their "two witnesses" crap. In fact, make the one that arrives remove his jacket and leave any briefcase in his car. You might want to have him "assume the position" and pat him down. Security, you know; you can't be too careful!!!

The "two witnesses" thing isn't just for going to the "defense position" on Molestation: it is also used in "NAILING YOUR HIDE TO THE BARN WALL"!!!!

Definitely RUN OFF THE SECOND GUY. MAKE HIM SIT IN THE CAR OR STAND ON THE CURB!!!

Any that want to talk to me will talk through an intercom, 1 person only, my ID will not be verified, I will have a TV camera and I will record it all. They will be standing on my doorstep, left there unceremoniously. IT will be staring at a Notice posted on the door that informs it that they are under observation "with no expectation of privacy".

Mustang

• Mulan
    Mulan
    You forgot to tell us this when we picked them up. If Joe is coming I know how this will turn out!

Yep............just forgot about it.

Joe is one of the elders coming. Your Dad isn't planning on letting them ask any questions.............at least we aren't answering any, without them answering some too. The closer it gets to 2 PM (Pacific Time) the more Iook forward to it. No painting today I guess. By the time they leave it will be too late.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

waiting for a report - hope it goes well

• blondie
    blondie

Mulan and Dave, here's to well-chosen words from you two. I can't imagine how I would feel. I am already a little paranoid that elders will show up with my husband in the hospital.

Blondie

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Mulan and BigRed

He has a plan of action, after thinking about it all day and will be asking them some uncomfortable questions about how they have virtually ignored us for nearly 7 years, and NOW they are calling on us.

No it sounds like fun. My last meeting with the guys really was fun although they skipped a vital point of the judicial proccess. But I knew I had nothing to loose and could say almost anything I wanted to for the first time in 36 years.

If your truly have "nothing to loose" it should be fun. Just one thought that may get me into trouble:

Many of these fellows are as duped as we were at one time. If that is possible with these two guys, please keep in mind they too are potentially, future XJW's. I'm sure Dave will be kind with the poor souls.

Have fun.

Steve

• Been there
    Been there

Did I miss it? Where's the update. Just curious! How did it go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit