Uh-oh.........elder visit tomorrow.

by Mulan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was gone all day today, and when I returned Dave told me an elder and his wife had called on Mom today, and when he left, he approached Dave in the yard, and arranged to come here tomorrow after their meeting, with another elder to talk to the two of us.

The noose is tightening. We are babysitting the grandkids, so haven't been able to talk about strategy.

Stay tuned..............I'll update you tomorrow afternoon.

• JH
    JH

Good Luck Mulan with your elder visit.

They tried often to see me, but I never answered.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((Mulan & Dave)))))))))

I know you two are smart cookies! Let us know how it turns out, though. I'm afraid no one escapes the noose, one way or the other.

Hugs to you two.

<may the force be with you>

j2bf

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yes, please keep us posted on this.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Call him back and tell him that only ONE elder is welcome. Don't let them get their precious two witnesses....

http://www.dirtclod.com

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ok Mulan,

I'm going to stick my neck out and ask:

Why are you both doing this? What good can come out of meeting with them? Do you feel you can reach one or both of these men? Do you have nothing left to loose by being DF'd, because that is all that will come from meeting with them.

Is there any harm in refusing to meet with them? Would it be more harm than if you do meet with them? Since they have no authority over the two of you anymore why bother with them considering the outcome could be bad for you?

I''m just asking, I guess as a concerned friend.

Steve

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of them is the former father in law of our daughter in law's sister. Got that? I am actually looking forward to it. But Dave will probably make me keep quiet..................I tend to blow.

We decided a long time ago not to play anymore games with them, so we'll see what happens.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Why are you both doing this?

If I had been the one they asked, I would have said it wasn't convenient or something on that order. I am trying to get my office painted and moved back into, before Monday. This will foul things up.

I think he caught Dave by surprise and he agreed without really thinking about it. He is curious what they will say.

We don't care if they disfellowship us.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Mulan,

I am in the floor covering trade and that classifies me as one of the "poorer" white trash trades.

Okie Dokie!

In that case have fun tomorrow. I really enjoyed my last two meetings with my old friends.

Steve

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mulan:

I know that the meeting is set up to meet with them already, but that doesn't mean that you have to answer the door. You could be painting that room of yours with the radio up real loud and not hear them knocking...

Mr. Shakita and I have had let's say... about 5 knocks on the door (at least) just since the beginning of the year. We will not answer the door. This is not because we are afraid of them. It is because we refuse to let them waste any more of our precious time while they increase their service hours. If, and this is a big "IF", they ever came as friends instead of interrogators, we might be willing to open up our home to them. Until this happens, however, we will treat them like any other door to door salesman who comes trying to sell us something we do not want.....we won't open the door.

What you guys do is up to you, but they come into your home with only their own best interests at heart. They could give a hoot about you personally.

Good luck.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit